Why All These Cookies?

yorkie100

I can understand why Thai visa needs to install a Thaivisa cookie on my computer to remember my log in details, but why when I log on to Thai visa are all the following cookies also installed on my computer?

What is their purpose and can I prevent them being installed if I don't want them to be installed?

I believe this is an invasion of my privacy?

Addthis.com

Advanced-web-analytics.com

Dlqm.net

Doubleclick.net

Effectivemeasure.net

Lvs.truehits.in.th

Quantserve.com

Questionmarket.com

Twitter.com

Whos.amungus.com

Wstat.wibyia.com

• 2 weeks later...

My computer has slowed considerably since April to the point where each page takes a minute or more to load & I can't easily move from one to the other. I'm not a teccie but I suspect Thaivisa has contributed to the problem. If anyone can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

Is memory anything to do with it?

My computer has slowed considerably since April to the point where each page takes a minute or more to load & I can't easily move from one to the other. I'm not a teccie but I suspect Thaivisa has contributed to the problem. If anyone can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

Hi evadgib hope you are more successful than I was in getting a response from "forum support"???

The most common problem for members accessing from within Thailand is the DNS settings. Instead of using your ISP's Primary DNS, use Google DNS instead:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Other DNS services like http://www.opendns.org is also recommended

• Like 2