Iphone 4S Vs Samsung Galaxy Siii

MisterMan

Hi, debating and did a search but did not find. I know I can google it but would like to feedback from the good people of Thai Visa

Would like to know which features of you phone made you choose it. I like Apple but am not a fanatic but I have a mac. I will use the phone for basic purposes. Some email but find phones to small to do any real work.

I have an unlocked Iphone 3 that is so slow.............anything will be better.

I would like a good camera too but do nto care about vdo.

Thanks!

Since me and my girlfriend went to a repair shop because both our phone had received condensation damage i made my choice, she had a galaxy S2 and i had an Iphone 4. The Samsung phone was rapidly repaired and the apple phone was a nightmare. The Iphone is still not working fully and charging is a pain in the a%*.

I am buying the S3 in 1 week without a doubt.

cheers

I have an Android phone using Android 2.3.6. The built in music player is actually quite good. It will play through the phone speaker as well as external speakers using a 3.5 mm jack. Best of all I don't have to use proprietary Apple stuff.

Yep, 4S is more or less comparable to the S2 not the S3. There aren't any special speaker docks for any Android phone AFAIK, but I bet you can find some decent systems you can feed the music to through BT or there a lot of cheaper ones with 3.5mm audio jack plugin.

Some good points about S3 is battery user replaceble, standart mini USB to charge the phone (not a specialty Apple plugin cord), bigger screen, you can use your itunes playlists for your misic files if that's important to you, there are actually apps that let you sync with the itunes as well, again if it's important to you. The best feature is the Android OS hands down, it lets you do what you want, not what Apple think is better for you as in iOS.

My GF just recently convinced me (after much debating) to upgrade her iPhone 3GS to a 4S so I've played with both older and newer version and they are pretty much the same phones, it's just the 4S faster with better camera, few newer gadgets built in, that's about it. Android is different in every way, I have an S2 myself.

One more important thing to consider:

Even though it's S2 vs 4S comparison, S3 sholdn't be much different and I don't think anyoine had a chance yet to smash their S3 in a test. wink.png

Edited by Shurup
  • Like 1

Yep, 4S is more or less comparable to the S2 not the S3. There aren't any special speaker docks for any Android phone AFAIK, but I bet you can find some decent systems you can feed the music to through BT or there a lot of cheaper ones with 3.5mm audio jack plugin.

Some good points about S3 is battery user replaceble, standart mini USB to charge the phone (not a specialty Apple plugin cord), bigger screen, you can use your itunes playlists for your misic files if that's important to you, there are actually apps that let you sync with the itunes as well, again if it's important to you. The best feature is the Android OS hands down, it lets you do what you want, not what Apple think is better for you as in iOS.

My GF just recently convinced me (after much debating) to upgrade her iPhone 3GS to a 4S so I've played with both older and newer version and they are pretty much the same phones, it's just the 4S faster with better camera, few newer gadgets built in, that's about it. Android is different in every way, I have an S2 myself.

One more important thing to consider:

Even though it's S2 vs 4S comparison, S3 sholdn't be much different and I don't think anyoine had a chance yet to smash their S3 in a test. wink.png

BS on the S2 face down.You were lucky.I knocked mine off the table last year . Landed face down, glass cracked, phone dead. 5k baht repair at Samsung. Not built for dropping. Old slide Samsung still working perfectly after many drunken drops.

BS on the S2 face down.You were lucky.I knocked mine off the table last year . Landed face down, glass cracked, phone dead. 5k baht repair at Samsung. Not built for dropping. Old slide Samsung still working perfectly after many drunken drops.

To start with, it wasn't me doing the test, I did drop my S2 a few times and no cracks, no scratches, you can call it lucky if you want (I would call you un-lucky instead). Have you ever held the 4S in your hand? It's all glass and weights like a brick, no worder they break, not just in that youtube video.

That video is about the comparison of 4S and S2, now about S2 and some old Samsung. Keep in mind that every drop is not the same and there could be cases like yours when S2 falls down and breaks, but I'm sure the video perfectly demostrates that 4S can't stand a chance agains S2 if dropped.

To start with, it wasn't me doing the test, I did drop my S2 a few times and no cracks, no scratches, you can call it lucky if you want (I would call you un-lucky instead). Have you ever held the 4S in your hand? It's all glass and weights like a brick, no worder they break, not just in that youtube video.

That video is about the comparison of 4S and S2, now about S2 and some old Samsung. Keep in mind that every drop is not the same and there could be cases like yours when S2 falls down and breaks, but I'm sure the video perfectly demostrates that 4S can't stand a chance agains S2 if dropped.

the s2 is fragile and screen is very hard but brittle ,ive seen one break only falling from waist height

drop tests are very inconclusive since every drop is differnt unless they were dropped in a lab by a robot maybe 10,000 times and work out the average of screen failures

someone drop tested an iphone from a tall building in germany once and it recorded video all the way down .....and kept recording after it hit the bricks

video is probably still on youtube

Hi, debating and did a search but did not find. I know I can google it but would like to feedback from the good people of Thai Visa

Would like to know which features of you phone made you choose it. I like Apple but am not a fanatic but I have a mac. I will use the phone for basic purposes. Some email but find phones to small to do any real work.

I have an unlocked Iphone 3 that is so slow.............anything will be better.

I would like a good camera too but do nto care about vdo.

Thanks!

When you say your iPhone 3 is slow, what do you mean, exactly?

You should probably go to some shops and use both the SGS3 and the iPhone 4 or 4S. I find these two to be quite different, with individual pluses and minuses, so as to make it challenging to compare directly. Further very few people here have even purchased an SGS3 so looking for first-hand comparisons seems like an exercise in futility?

My cousin purchased an SGS3 last week, and I played with it briefly - I have an SGS1 and an SGS2 - and think that it is in amazing phone. It is interesting to watch people with iPhones checking out her SGS3 in public. wink.png

Edited by lomatopo

the s2 is fragile and screen is very hard but brittle ,ive seen one break only falling from waist height

drop tests are very inconclusive since every drop is differnt unless they were dropped in a lab by a robot maybe 10,000 times and work out the average of screen failures

someone drop tested an iphone from a tall building in germany once and it recorded video all the way down .....and kept recording after it hit the bricks

I thought the Samsung Galaxy and the Iphone use the same kind of glass. Gorilla glass.

I thought the Samsung Galaxy and the Iphone use the same kind of glass. Gorilla glass.

doesnt mean its the same thickness or mounted in the same way to the rest of the phone

and how the edges are protected makes a big differnce

even if it is the same brand of glass in both