Phuket To Suri Thani Vip Bus

mrireland

I got the sleeper train from bangkok to Sura Thani and when buying it they sold me the bus journey to phuket from there, the bus had no toilet and the air condition was noisy but didn't seem to be working, after 3 hours they eventually made a piss stop after asking them for 2 hours but i was a ball of sweat by the time i got to phuket. So wondering if there is a VIP bus i can get for the way back Phuket > Surithani, im taking the sleeper train back to bangkok from Suri Thaat company think its around 6 or 7pm.

If there isnt a VIP bus is there a first class bus with decent air conditioning and a toilet and if so what company do you recommend? I already have the train tickets bought so taking a bus direct to bangkok isnt really an option.

Yes, there is an air-con VIP bus with toilet. Book at the new bus station near the big SuperCheap.

Thanks, i presume i just ask the taxi driver to go to the bus station beside Super Cheap, will that be enough or does anyone know the name of the bus station off hand? Also is there a particular company that does it, my previous experience is a lot of the names are in thai and it might be hard to find the correct one?

Thanks, i took a taxi from Karon to the new bus station beside super cheap, i got there too late but i seen only 1st class bus from Phuket to Suri Thani for around 200b, but the website says 375 baht for an air conditioned bus. I also asked at another counter and they said only 1st class available from counter 12 and no VIP available. Maybe its another place i need to book VIP or maybe its not available?

If not available i wonder is it possible to hire out a mini bus just for us 3 travelling, the reason is ive had a bad experience previously with lunatic mini bus drivers who are on a schedule and so if i just booked the mini bus for us and told them to drive normal and i wouldnt mind if that added an extra hour to the journey, then we can also maybe relax and enjoy a can or two and have a few piss stops along the way. Any recommend any local minibus services that do this?

Any tour shop will be able to help you book a private mini bus.

As for the VIP bus office at the new bus station, I just don't know the layout at that brand new bus staion (open just a few weeks now). At the old bus station there was a VIP bus booking office. Not much help - I know.

hi.

never take a bus from a tour company. They are old, badly maintained and the driver's have to drive a lot more.

Stick to VIP government buses. 1k baht for phuket-bangkok. Dont know for phuket-surat

Tour agents will sell you vip buses to bangkok and surat for about the same price but they are not real vips. VIP bus have large seats and are only 1 level. Those 2 level high are scams and uncomfortable. I remember the last time i took one from bangkok they stopped for food at a place where you had to pay 250baht for a khao pat that tasted like shit, then they transferred us to a pickup, then a saladaeng with 5 other people then brought us to the surat thani bus terminal and made us do the rest on a cheap no-ac overbooked bus.

All started with me being lazy and not getting the govt bus at the station far away from town and by getting on a stupid 2 levels bus.

• Like 1

hi.

never take a bus from a tour company. They are old, badly maintained and the driver's have to drive a lot more.

Stick to VIP government buses. 1k baht for phuket-bangkok. Dont know for phuket-surat

Tour agents will sell you vip buses to bangkok and surat for about the same price but they are not real vips. VIP bus have large seats and are only 1 level. Those 2 level high are scams and uncomfortable. I remember the last time i took one from bangkok they stopped for food at a place where you had to pay 250baht for a khao pat that tasted like shit, then they transferred us to a pickup, then a saladaeng with 5 other people then brought us to the surat thani bus terminal and made us do the rest on a cheap no-ac overbooked bus.

All started with me being lazy and not getting the govt bus at the station far away from town and by getting on a stupid 2 levels bus.

FWIW i done udon thani on a 2 story VIP bus twice and stayed top and bottom and was very comfortable although it might be different down south, anyone know where the other bus station is so i can check out the offers, im very skeptical that at 200b the one from the new bus station will be 2nd-3rd class bus

if you are about 45kg heavy then yes those bus are fine but anyone with broadshoulders will not fit correctly in those cheap buses and as i said the most important part is that they have far more accidents.

Edited by Hostile17