Oversized Rain Parka, Rainfall Data

HeyNow

What with all the rain we've been having lately, I'd like to get a rain parka that is big enough to fit me, my riding jacket and my backpack underneath. The one I currently have is one of those ubiquitous one-size-fits-all dealies, sold in places like Big C and Tesco Lotus. It definitely does not fit the bill. I'd greatly appreciate any information about finding extra-large rain parkas in Chiang Mai.

On related note, does anyone know where to find rainfall data for CM online? I'm curious to know how the total amount of rainfall we've had this May and June stacks up against the average over the past decade or so.

Thanks,

HeyNow

We are 67.5mm over normal, with a total of 311.6mm of rain, counted from the beginning of the year.

That's up until and including May.

Compare this to last year May, and then it was 205.0 over normal, with a total of 449.1mm of rain.

I'd supply a link, but I feel like hoarding information tonight, while hoping that people won't think of Google.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Doesn't seem like it's rained too much for this time of year yet to me. I commute more or less daily between Mae Jo and town and have not had to break out the waterproofs many times yet.

Anyway, to answer the OPs question, Thai waterproofs are generally crap, be them the poncho type or trousers/jacket combo. If you do a lot of miles in bad weather, best to source them from Europe/Oz/America - mind you, then you'll just sweat your <deleted> off from the inside. At least the rain is generally warm here.......

Cheers,

Pikey.

We are 67.5mm over normal, with a total of 311.6mm of rain, counted from the beginning of the year.

That's up until and including May.

Compare this to last year May, and then it was 205.0 over normal, with a total of 449.1mm of rain.

I'd supply a link, but I feel like hoarding information tonight, while hoping that people won't think of Google.

Wow; WTK you've got some time on your hands. Is that the reading from your garden, ?

Just as a matter of interest. how did you measure the 0.1mm?