Internet Connection Issue..

jimmybkk

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed that when connected to the Internet on my laptop the connection seems to have become very stop-start. I'm far from an IT expert but my understanding is that data sent over the Internet is sent in packets or bundles, rather than one continuous stream. Assuming that is true, I guess what I am experiencing is a prolonged pause between packets. For example, on the TV home page it will load with the banners and buttons along the top of the screen and all the Forums along the left side of the screen, then it will stop.....and 20 or 30 or 40 seconds later the news headlines and topics will appear.

If I click on a forum it will open and display the first post in the forum, then pause, and after between 20-45 seconds will then show the other posts. It doesn't seem to matter what browser I use, although when using Firefox, during the pause a pop-up bar appears in the bottom left corner that tells me (I guess) what it is trying to connect to and if I try to move my mouse over this pop-up it flies across to the other side of the screen as soon as my mouse gets near it.

I am using True Internet and I just checked on Speedtest and it says I am getting just over 10Mbps (I think I pay for a 10Mb connection). In general I've been very happy with the Internet from true.

It's not the end of the world, just a little annoying because it's only started happening recently. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where the problem may come from? Internet connection or laptop? Any advice as to how to try to fix it would be appreciated....

With the trouble your having with your fancy (probably expensive) 10 Mb service I am glad I have my 590 Baht 6 mb (getting 5 mb) TOT service. I have come to the conclusion that here in Thailand, there is going to be problems occassionally with all the services.

Having the same low quality Thai internet here for 15 years, I probably couldn't handle the super duper speed of my own country. I think technology has trained us to expect faster and faster technology and when we don't get it, we are unhappy. Do you remember what it was like when we had the old computers without all the advancements we have today?

I hope you can get the answers your looking for. Soltuions and better service is another thing. Good luck.