Nes Nintendo Games In Thailand.

Shipwreck

Hey there,

Does anyone know where - or if it is even possible - I can find game carts for the NES here in Bangkok?

The 'Asian' NES was released here in the 80's so there must be carts around somewhere. I'd need to pick up a console as well.

I have a U.S. NES system and about 50 games, but I'm always looking for more.

Are there any retro video game shops in Thailand?

DSCN7736.jpg

I haven't been to MBK in awhile so I can't say for sure if it's still there but there is/was a fantastic retro game shop up on the "market" level below the cinema floor. Walk to the far side opposite to the cinema escalators (Thanon Phaya Thai side) and you will find it.

They have practically everything there including super rare Japanese consoles and games (such as the SNES CD Addon) so I am sure they will have a fair selection of NES games and probably a console or two. Prices might be high though.

It is a truly magical shop for video game aficionados. I have spent a fair while browsing through it on a few occasions.

Edited by Glock3am

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been to MBK in awhile so I can't say for sure if it's still there but there is/was a fantastic retro game shop up on the "market" level below the cinema floor. Walk to the far side opposite to the cinema escalators (Thanon Phaya Thai side) and you will find it.

They have practically everything there including super rare Japanese consoles and games (such as the SNES CD Addon) so I am sure they will have a fair selection of NES games and probably a console or two. Prices might be high though.

It is a truly magical shop for video game aficionados. I have spent a fair while browsing through it on a few occasions.

Is there anymore info on this shop such as a website, I'd love to visit it.

Thanks.

ianwuk