Marriage Visa, Boarder Runs And Work Permit

I have a year marriage visa. Two questions if anyone can assist.

1. I believe with a visit to immigration I do not need to boarder bounce every 3 months. Is this correct and how does it work?

2. I believe that I can have a work permit granted on the basis of a marriage visa obviously with the a company set up. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

1. yes, if you qualify and have the required 400,000baht or 40,000baht per month income letter supporting your application.

2. This depends on you local Labour office, in some Labour offices in BKK they do not issue WP with a Non Immigrant O based on marriage.

Edited by beano2274

Moved to visa forum.

1. If you have a multi entry non immigrant visa you must exit country every 90 days or less and return for a new up to 90 day stay. If you want to stay in Thailand you must obtain an extension of stay from immigration during the last 30 days of any entry. For one year extension of stay you must have 400k in bank account 2 months or 40k per month income.

2. Normally a work permit can be issued for a non immigrant O visa entry for marriage; but it is the job that determines if a work permit can actually be issued - not your marriage.

If you have an extension of stay rather than 90 day visa entry you visit immigration every 90 days to report address.

1. Well got the 400k so just have to take bank book into immigration near the end of the first quarter and they will provide a year extension meaning that I don't not need to renew for around 1 year and 2 months or so? Is this correct?

2. Can I renew the marriage visa at this point internally or do I need to goto malaysia etc?

3. Bit confused about the WP answers. I will be forming a company and be employed by my company. So will I be able to get the WP under a marriage visa under this context. We will be building and running a small resort?

Thanks

1. In addition to the bank book you will need a letter from your bank. Your bank will know what is required.

2. You ask for an extension of stay for 1 year, at your local immirgation office. You cna do that during the last 30 days of your permission to stay for 90 days.

3. That is possible, although some labour office seem to insist on a non-B visa. But there are requirements for a WP that you must full fill.

1. The process is a bit more involved and requires the wife/documentation to include bank letter of account balance as well as passbook and copies/ID and home register of wife/proof of residence/interviews which may include neighbors and at least a 30 day under review period. As mentioned you can only do during the last 30 days of a 90 day entry.

2. You must leave country to obtain a new 90 day stay or extend for 60 days if you can not qualify for one year extension now.

3. Labor local office issues work permits and not all have the same requirements.

This is a confusing one Creagh1970, What does your visa say? I have a non-imm retirement visa where I have to either visit the local immigration office every 90 days or I can leave the country during the time period and on returning the 90 days starts over. Whatever the situation you need a re-entry permit.

I used to have my own business with a work permit up until 5 years ago but this was extremely costly with "employing" 4 Thais, paying their NI, my own NI/tax on 50K baht along with having to show a company income to pay VAT and show a profit etc etc etc. Best not to open a company and arrange a regular income via say HK.

As long as you have an one year extension based on marriage you can get a WP. If based on retirement no you can get one.Have never had a problem getting a WP with a one year extension based on marriage. Still requires paperwork from your place of employment, picts, etc.