Cannot Send Sms True H

offset

I have a small problem in that I can receive messages but cannot send any I have been onto customer services I found them helpful but could not solve the problem and they said that they would put it up to the tech. dept. and that I should hear from them but after 4 days I have heard nothing I have also noticed that when I use the Internet they do not deduct any money from my phone even after using You tube for an hour I have tried the Sim card in another phone but it still will not send sms I have also tried another true+H Sim in my phone and I can send sms OK on my phone any ideas

That is one long sentence! ;)

Can you add any detail: type of phone, type of SIM, type of service.

Is this a new problem? Related to location, time of day, destination/service provider of SMS. You say that you cannot send any SMSes? How do you know?

What are the differences between the other TrueMove H SIM and yours?

Many, many people have complained about TrueMove H's seeming lack of ability to deliver SMSes consistently - there have been many posts here on this subject - , and I did experience this when using a TrueMove H SIM for 30 days.

I think you may need to start documenting your issue and then visit a TrueMove service center and ask for some resolution.

The lack of consistency in monitoring/reporting data usage also seems to plague TrueMove H. Do you have a data plan? If so, which plan?

There is a reason TrueMove remains the 3rd place service provider here, and continually loses money quarter after quarter, however competence doesn't seem to be one of the reasons. ;)

That is one long sentence! wink.png

Can you add any detail: type of phone, type of SIM, type of service.

Is this a new problem? Related to location, time of day, destination/service provider of SMS. You say that you cannot send any SMSes? How do you know?

What are the differences between the other TrueMove H SIM and yours?

Many, many people have complained about TrueMove H's seeming lack of ability to deliver SMSes consistently - there have been many posts here on this subject - , and I did experience this when using a TrueMove H SIM for 30 days.

I think you may need to start documenting your issue and then visit a TrueMove service center and ask for some resolution.

The lack of consistency in monitoring/reporting data usage also seems to plague TrueMove H. Do you have a data plan? If so, which plan?

There is a reason TrueMove remains the 3rd place service provider here, and continually loses money quarter after quarter, however competence doesn't seem to be one of the reasons. wink.png

Both Sims are Truemove+H both are on pay as you go and I am using a Galaxy 2

It is a new Sim tried different times of the day to different providers my phone tells me if a sms is delivered or fails

The only difference between sims are one is useable as a mini sim and the other one (the one that I am having trouble with) is a one peice sim card

I do not have a data plan on the data issue I am wondering if they give free data useage at the beginning of a new card

Can you share any additional information as requested?

What type of SIM?

http://www.truemove-h.com/en/prepay/sim/prepay-sim-smartphone.aspx

or

http://www.truemove-h.com/en//isim.aspx

These SIM do come with some "start-up" data allowances: 70 - 100 MB, after which you will start paying 2 baht/MB until you subscribe to a data plan.

Re: SMS delivery, can you verify delivery with the recipient rather than relying on a message delivery option?

Can you check the "Message Center" setting on both SIMs and document it here? (Messaging, Settings, Message center - this should be a +668nnnnnnnn number)

Obviously without a lot more detail I am shooting in the dark, but my best guess is that the Message center number is incorrect. Or maybe your balance is zero?

Can you share any additional information as requested?

What type of SIM?

http://www.truemove-...smartphone.aspx

or

http://www.truemove-...m/en//isim.aspx

These SIM do come with some "start-up" data allowances: 70 - 100 MB, after which you will start paying 2 baht/MB until you subscribe to a data plan.

Re: SMS delivery, can you verify delivery with the recipient rather than relying on a message delivery option?

Can you check the "Message Center" setting on both SIMs and document it here? (Messaging, Settings, Message center - this should be a +668nnnnnnnn number)

Obviously without a lot more detail I am shooting in the dark, but my best guess is that the Message center number is incorrect. Or maybe your balance is zero?

Thanks for your help so far the Sim that I have is this one http://www.truemove-...m/en//isim.aspx

I have already tried to send a message to 3 different numbers and non received the message

The number in the message centre is +66830032000 I have also tried the number +66891009120 both of which Turemove's customer care gave me it seems like they do not know which one I should be using because every time I ring them they try to get me to try the other number

I must have credit on my phone because I can make phone calls on it

I believe you have a TrueMove H SIM.

The SMSC for TrueMove H is +66830032000.

( +66891009120 is the SMSC for TrueMove, which is a different service provider)

Are you able to discern any differences in settings between your SIM and the one which you are borrowing (which apparently works)?

Have you added any APN information?

I guess I might delete all configurations, power the phone off, remove the SIM, power it on then off, then re-insert the SIM and power it on.

Have you added any value to this SIM? What is the result of #123#? (open the dialer, enter #123#, press the call button)

Failing that it may be some issue with the configuration, or with TrueMove H which they may be able help you resolve in person.

I believe you have a TrueMove H SIM.

The SMSC for TrueMove H is +66830032000.

( +66891009120 is the SMSC for TrueMove, which is a different service provider)

Are you able to discern any differences in settings between your SIM and the one which you are borrowing (which apparently works)?

Have you added any APN information?

I guess I might delete all configurations, power the phone off, remove the SIM, power it on then off, then re-insert the SIM and power it on.

Have you added any value to this SIM? What is the result of #123#? (open the dialer, enter #123#, press the call button)

Failing that it may be some issue with the configuration, or with TrueMove H which they may be able help you resolve in person.

I have been in touch with Customer Care and I have been told that there is no problem their end and have been advised to go to a True Move shop to get it checked out and have the Sim card changed if need be which I hope to do today

The more I think about it the more that I think that the SIM card is faulty because I cannot understand why if I change the SIM card into another phone it does not work on that phone either even though another Truemove+H card was working on that phone with no setting up to do and the SIM card from that Phone works on my phone with no setting up to do

I have put money on the SIM card and have 20 Baht on it at the moment I do not want to put any more on it at the moment in case I have to change the SIM card

I cannot see any differences in the settings from one phone to the other

The only thing that I have done to the APN is put in the True H Internet details and the the same for Truemove MMS which I got from the true web site

The number on SMSC is +66830032000 which it puts in when I put the SIM card in

I do put a AIS SIM card in this phone every day (which I can send sms on) so I would think that that would reconfigure the phone

Hi lomatopo

I went to the true move shop today and to try and cut a long story short after shop assistant spent an hour talking to customer care he gave me a new SIM card and changed the telephone number to the old one That did not send sms messages on my phone or his so after another 30 minutes talking to customer care I suggested to give me another SIM card but not changed the telephone number which he did and now it works OK So the only thing that I can think that was at fault was the phone number or the setup in Truemove

Any how thanks again for your help