Thai Tourist Visa In Phnom Penh

Does anyone have up to date information on obtaining a single entry 60 day Thai tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh,i.e.time it takes and cost?.I have heard that it might take as long as 3 or 4 days to obtain but is it any quicker if you use one of the visa agencies there?I have never had a Thai tourist visa before,although I lived in Thailand for 5 years with a non Imm "O" visa (extended annually on the basis for retirement) before moving to Vietnam 2 years ago,where I currently have a 5 year visa exemption certificate.UK passport holder.Thanks in advance for any information.

At the border you can fix it. But i dont like the people there as they all try to sell you the best deal for your visa and you always feel ripped off. Also at the embassy in pp it will cost you 4 days.

My advice, take the nighttrain to vientiane. 2nd class aircon is a relaxing ride, vientiane is nice. If you arrive before 12, wich is possible with the 6.30pm train from hua lamphong. (688bht) Than you can get your visa the next day.

I did it two weeks ago and few months ago to phnom penh so for any questions feel free to ask

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

I think the problem of the OP is that he is in Vietnam at the moment and not in Thailand. So a train to Vientiane will maybe not be possible.

I have no idea if it is possible to cross into Laos from Vietnam and go to for example Savannakhet ? There it should be easy to get a single TR visa.

Edited by MJCM

Yes,as the last poster says-I live in Vietnam,on the South coast,close to the Cambodian border,so to get to Phnom Penh is quite easy,it's about 3-4 hours on a bus,(incl the border crossing),as at this time of year it's very quiet.I could,of course,go to Saigon,I know it's very easy to get a Thai tourist visa there,a few years ago,when I lived in Thailand,my then Vietnamese girlfriend got many more or less back to back Thai tourist visas there without any problems,and we always got the passport/visa back the next afternoon.But Saigon is about 8-9 hours on a bus,and then there is the travel across Saigon,so all in all it's quite a lot easier to go to Phnom Penh.I know in the past the staff there had a reputation for being not particularly helpful,but I wondered if they might be persuaded to do the visa in a couple of days,as it's not a "visa run situation" but a genuine one off tourist visa.Anyone had any experience of dealing with the staff there,or an agency in Phnom Penh?

Edited by lekatai

The reports from Phnom Penh are very conflicting, however it is possible to get a Single Entry Tourist Visa.

Turnaround time is 2-4days, most likely you will pay usd70.- for a 2day turnaround.

Agencies can help, but price is same, however the embassy will ask for a flight ticket from Phom Penh to BKK n possible a reservation for your Accomodation .

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I'm reporting back on my own post,having been to Phnom Penh and obtained the Tourist Visa.I didn't go to the Thai Embassy myself,but used a visa agency(Lucky Lucky on Monovong Blvd) The normal turnaround,for some reason,is 4 working days,for which they charge 45USD (so the agency take a 5USD fee- which I think is fair enough) If you want it back in 2 working days it costs an extra 10 USD.I gave them the passport on Monday afternoon,I also had a printout of an airline reservation,and hotel booking, which they didn't actually ask for,but took anyway,and one photo.I paid the extra 10 USD-so total cost 55USD,and had the passport/visa back on Wednesday 18.00,as promised.

Cheers for the info.

Sounds easy enough for a single entry visa, but did you see any info about a double entry tourist visa?

I'm going next month and some people have told me it's possible to get a double entry by writing x2 on the application, other say that it's not possible at all.