Samui - A Beautiful Island

Was waiting for you to pop up you sore looser lol ,get back in your hole lmao , you are a waste of space & obnoxious.Yes YOU TAX.

Keep taking the tablets twice a day.

Edited by Rooo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lisa28 @ 2006-01-11 09:55:41)

Gisele - You mentioned that your husband bought a bag full of bugs as a snack, have you ever tried them? I must admit that I have seen them for sale on some streets but have never been adventurous enough to try them.....

I have to admit a passion for deep fried grasshoppers.

Thai friends swear that they go perfectly with Mekong and if eaten before bedtime ensure a good night's sleep.

I agree that Mekong compliments them very well - the good night's sleep, however may be more a result of the Mekong than the grasshoppers!

Addictive once you aquire a taste for them, interestingly the smaller they are, the tastier.

this cheesy syrupy nauseatingly naive thread reads like it has been penned by the tourist authority of thailand (samui office) ass kissers society. :D

:o

Another classic from taxexile... and he got bites too!!!

:D

The funny thing is that it does sound like a TAT rant. :D

Time for a group hug and love chants everybody.... :D

Patsycat Posted Today, 2006-01-11 12:38:10

I ate a grasshopper once, that is my claim to fame.

But here in europe i often eat snails etc. so it's almost the same.

HAGGIS is delicious.

Lots of 'adventurous' food in Thailand. The most bizzare I've eaten probably would be those small, clear shrimp that are actually still alive when you pop them into your mouth.

Though subdued somewhat, probably by the chilly that they've been marinated in, they do still give the odd twitch. Very disconcerting the first time you try them...

Also, my father (he's Scottish) would be pleased that the delights of Haggis have spread to Switzerland.

As a boy on holiday up on the coast of Argylleshire, I used to chase them round the mountainside.

this cheesy syrupy nauseatingly naive thread reads like it has been penned by the tourist authority of thailand (samui office) ass kissers society. :D

It certainly needed to be said... that's for sure.

What some see as paradise is definitely not for all. I was turned off by the outrageous pricing on so many different things, the non-stop construction noise, and the general atmosphere very disappointing.

There are so many other, better places to go in Thailand... but to each his own.

Edited by sriracha john

It certainly needed to be said... that's for sure.

What some see as paradise is definitely not for all. I was turned off by the outrageous pricing on so many different things, the non-stop construction noise, and the general atmosphere very disappointing.

There are so many other, better places to go in Thailand... but to each his own.

I'm not sure it did have to be said John.

Whilst I'd agree with you that there may be better destinations in Thailand (depending on what you're interests are and what you're looking for), it doesn't diminish the fact that lots of people do love Samui.

The thread was compiled of people saying what they loved about the island, not saying that it's better than this destination or that destination and also, this time, not saying what they dislike about it: there are plenty of other threads for that.

Surely a worthwhile exercise, no?

Ok everybody it might seem like something Taksin has posted, but you cant still take away the fact that Samui is not as bad as it is being read by the rest of the world Thailand has had alot s**t the last couple of years, and it seams that everything that happens now is printed and blown up more so than newhere else.

But i would like to know what the Tax man really thinks is a revelant thread, maybe a clipping from his own Samui experience.

I know Samui has a lot of s**t happening everyday and mostly it involves us (farrang) one way or another whether it be from our own doing or not.

So lets see what is to be said of the real Samui TAX (meat pie sausage rolls n all that) lol

Edited by Moonhunteruk

I live in Samui, but only because thats where the work is. I could think of lots of better places with nicer people, beaches and scenery. I NEVER think of it as paradise, its just home to me.

BTW, this thread is a bit cheesy, but there is nothing wrong in saying nice things - yes, that includes you Taxexile!

I live in Samui, but only because thats where the work is. I could think of lots of better places with nicer people, beaches and scenery. I NEVER think of it as paradise, its just home to me.

BTW, this thread is a bit cheesy, but there is nothing wrong in saying nice things - yes, that includes you Taxexile!

Sometimes cheese is agreeable!

Good old fashioned cheddar.

It doesn't always have to be Stilton (i.e. barbed with mould)

The thread was compiled of people saying what they loved about the island, not saying that it's better than this destination or that destination and also, this time, not saying what they dislike about it: there are plenty of other threads for that.

Perhaps if Post #5 was the OP, then yes... a one-sided exercise in eyeglass rose-tinting might be worthwhile.

Perhaps if Post #5 was the OP, then yes... a one-sided exercise in eyeglass rose-tinting might be worthwhile.

Perhaps we can agree on a balance between rose tinted specs and jet black shades then.

well said Somchai! Looks like taxexile is the alphamale here and jai dee and sriracha have taken lesson's in kissing his a*s.

Why don't they go and find a negativity thread and wallow in it there. I bet tax has enough bitterness to go round.

Who does it hurt if positive things are said about a place. If you don't like it then bugger off and read something else.

Good on you Somchai

Sometimes cheese is agreeable!

Good old fashioned cheddar.

It doesn't always have to be Stilton (i.e. barbed with mould)

Cheese and crackers anyone?

well, looks like the claws are out

Perhaps we can agree on a balance between rose tinted specs and jet black shades then.

Actually I like to wear clear glasses without tint of any kind.

well said Somchai! Looks like taxexile is the alphamale here and jai dee and sriracha have taken lesson's in kissing his a*s.

Why don't they go and find a negativity thread and wallow in it there. I bet tax has enough bitterness to go round.

Who does it hurt if positive things are said about a place. If you don't like it then bugger off and read something else.

Good on you Somchai

GREAT first post...

LOL... if you're a first time user of Thaivisa... the Pope's a New Zealand terrorist...

Who were previous identities (plural, likely) and why were you banned?

well, looks like the claws are out

naw.... not really...

I'm a pacifist... make love, not war

Edited by sriracha john

Good on you Somchai

GREAT first post...

LOL... if you're a first time user of Thaivisa... the Pope's a New Zealand terrorist...

Who were previous identities (plural, likely) and why were you banned?

It WAS a superb first post for a newbie... :D

I'll do a bit of homework and see if I can find out who he/she really is/was... :o

Wait for what, Seonai? And no, no-one is paying me. So you are saying, if you want to say something nice about a place then you should be remunerated for it? I think that is pathetic.

If you are so off put by this thread why do you keep on reading it?

I thought this website was supposed to be a place where people got together for 'friendly' posts and chat...obviously not.

Fair enough - I will just sit and read rather than contributing. That ok with you Kat?

Lisa next time wait a while before launching into an ad copy type diatribe to promote a location. By the way, who's paying you?

Seonai - who are you to tell me what to do?