Thai National Banged Up Abroad

Pseudolus

. Cripes, the girls been locked up and even still most of you do not believe it so how would the typical customs person react? "yeah yeah sure. Sign this.Thanks. 20 yrs".

People would believe her story if she went with it BEFORE she tried to get through customs. Now she just seems like every other drug mule that is trying to get a big pay day by smuggling drugs, but she was caught so she's coming up with a story to gain sympathy. And yes I think they would consider her story if she had gone to them immediately.

He can either fly a girl over, pay her 1k USD and send heron her way, or you fly her over, you and your mates have their fun, and then send her on her way in morbid fear for her life and not costing you a dime more

It does cost you more. Someone like this is not reliable and can immediately rat you out as soon as they get to the airport. She could have gone immediately to the authorities in Brazil at the airport. It's a huge risk for them. Drug syndicates aren't nice guys but they also aren't stupid. I could understand a coyote smuggling someone across the US-Mexico border forcing someone to swallow drugs, but with this they are completely on their own for too long and they have too much time to betray you.

I'm not concerned if you believe it or not.

I'm also not concerned with your lack of concern for me not believing biggrin.png

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gang-banged for a week, life threatened; body bag and weapon shown then loaded with class-A and sent on her way.

The thing that troubles me with this whole scenario is the state of mind of the victim. I would assume if a drug smuggling ring was using a mule. the last thing they would want walking through customs (or any other check for that matter) is someone displaying un-natural signs, which the girl certainly would after the trauma she has been through.

Customs and immigration are trained to pick up on these points.

This doesn't mean that I am disputing the events, just seems a strange way to go about things. Sacrificial mule? Perhaps; give up 700 grammes to get the kilos through safely by another carrier. If the girl actually went through this ordeal as it is being told, then my deepest sympathies go out to her.

It does cost you more. Someone like this is not reliable and can immediately rat you out as soon as they get to the airport. She could have gone immediately to the authorities in Brazil at the airport. It's a huge risk for them. Drug syndicates aren't nice guys but they also aren't stupid. I could understand a coyote smuggling someone across the US-Mexico border forcing someone to swallow drugs, but with this they are completely on their own for too long and they have too much time to betray you.

If they are sly enough to lure her there in the first place, do seriously think they wouldn't work on her psychologically in the time they held her captive, to make her completely scared and complicit to their demands?

All drug smuggling is a risk to the syndicates, which is why, as another poster has pointed out (which is common knowledge if you do a little bit of research on this) flights are loaded with multiple carriers. Some will get through, some won't; it's the nature of the business.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Who knows? Maybe she got there, was treated well for the first day and told the plan and my words of warning clicked in and she did indeed say no, and they were not going to waste the flight ticket;

http://news.thaivisual.com/deceived-thai-women-jailed-in-hong-kong-as-nigerian-drug-cartel-mules/

this is not her, but you'll see, its not uncommon.

A truly horrible happening.

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/prison-hongkong.html this organisation does a lot of great work for prisoners in foreign prisons.

http://www.pfa.org.hk/index.php

Try the above links they are both reputable, and once you are in the loop, getting a steady stream of visitors to see her shouldnt be a problem at all.

I'm so terribly sorry.

Eddie

• Like 1

some people learn the hard way....

That is a harsh coment.

Taking the story on face value, all the girl is guilty of is being extremely gullable, and believing the lies of a con artist. It's not like us westerners are immune to that, is it.

She smuggled the drugs under duress, to save her own skin, not to make a fast buck.

This is a horrific story, and my sympathy goes to her, her family, and especially her little girl.

Well the right way would be, to tell the authorities in China at immigration, if not before in the airplane or in Brazil. But that is a hard choice and I have no idea if someone would believe it or how the reaction in China would be.

Correct. But she smuggled the drugs through Brunei already without being caught and without telling anybody.

The story smells. Looks more that "victim" tale is part of the smuggling strategy.

some people learn the hard way....

That is a harsh coment.

Taking the story on face value, all the girl is guilty of is being extremely gullable, and believing the lies of a con artist. It's not like us westerners are immune to that, is it.

She smuggled the drugs under duress, to save her own skin, not to make a fast buck.

This is a horrific story, and my sympathy goes to her, her family, and especially her little girl.

Well the right way would be, to tell the authorities in China at immigration, if not before in the airplane or in Brazil. But that is a hard choice and I have no idea if someone would believe it or how the reaction in China would be.

Correct. But she smuggled the drugs through Brunei already without being caught and without telling anybody.

The story smells. Looks more that "victim" tale is part of the smuggling strategy.

She's not that bright mate.

http://www.bt.com.bn/news-national/2010/08/24/3-face-death-penalty-drug-trafficking

Would you risk death penalty for telling in Brunei? Would you? They might believe your story, but you know the reputation is young thai girls around the world, and they would not be believed (same as you don't).

Gang-banged for a week, life threatened; body bag and weapon shown then loaded with class-A and sent on her way.

The thing that troubles me with this whole scenario is the state of mind of the victim. I would assume if a drug smuggling ring was using a mule. the last thing they would want walking through customs (or any other check for that matter) is someone displaying un-natural signs, which the girl certainly would after the trauma she has been through.

Customs and immigration are trained to pick up on these points.

This doesn't mean that I am disputing the events, just seems a strange way to go about things. Sacrificial mule? Perhaps; give up 700 grammes to get the kilos through safely by another carrier. If the girl actually went through this ordeal as it is being told, then my deepest sympathies go out to her.

One word - Decoy

• Like 1

http://www.bt.com.bn...rug-trafficking

Would you risk death penalty for telling in Brunei? Would you? They might believe your story, but you know the reputation is young thai girls around the world, and they would not be believed (same as you don't).

If she is not that bright, she wouldn't know about penalties for drug smuggling in other countries, but she would ask for help as soon as possible - considered her story is true.

And no judge in Asia would accuse her if she had been honest and not tried to smuggle the drugs.

If you need a drug mule, you usually don't physically abuse her, but you give her a good commission and tell her how easy it is and that nothing serious can happen. "And if they catch you, just cry a bit and tell a story of rape". That makes much more sense.

Instead showing stupida soap movies all the day on tv, they should put more reportage about these kind of stories. ITthappens with a member of my wife's family. She met a guy from Africa and get back here with some drugs too, she spending 10 years in Thai prison now, they never catch the guy.

Innocence is something nooen teached you before, a child can be so kind and trust the world, doesn't mean he is stupid, but it's to us and governement to take care of their childrens.

But who cares?

Warhammer - Completely agree. I have the feeling that this see no evil hear no evil produces a country full of very naive people.

This is a very sad episode, but I take exception to you blaming Thai society for this dastardly deed. That's a stretch, and a rather asinine one. People everywhere get taken all the time, and it's a result of victims being desperate people. Whether it's desperation for money or love, same ending. Don't we have loads of farangs getting taken by Thai girls (or other) on dating sites all the time? Do they come from a country "full of very naive people?" Why do TV members come up with such idiotic suggestions?

Gang-banged for a week...

Gang raped. There is a major difference.

Verb: Gang-bang

1. Have group sex

2. Rape by multiple different people one after another

Source: WordWeb Pro.

Feel a bit childish having to do that.....................thumbsup.gif

http://www.bt.com.bn...rug-trafficking

If she is not that bright, she wouldn't know about penalties for drug smuggling in other countries, but she would ask for help as soon as possible - considered her story is true.

And no judge in Asia would accuse her if she had been honest and not tried to smuggle the drugs.

If you need a drug mule, you usually don't physically abuse her, but you give her a good commission and tell her how easy it is and that nothing serious can happen. "And if they catch you, just cry a bit and tell a story of rape". That makes much more sense.

She would know about it sure enough - last time I was there, there was a sign up in multiple languages saying Drug smugglers might be executed. The similar one in Jakarta is nicer, and has Welcome to Jakarta - Drug Smugglers will be executed"

But I will bow to your greater experience; you sound like you have first hand knowledge of recruiting drug mules and how it all works.

Warhammer - Completely agree. I have the feeling that this see no evil hear no evil produces a country full of very naive people.

This is a very sad episode, but I take exception to you blaming Thai society for this dastardly deed. That's a stretch, and a rather asinine one. People everywhere get taken all the time, and it's a result of victims being desperate people. Whether it's desperation for money or love, same ending. Don't we have loads of farangs getting taken by Thai girls (or other) on dating sites all the time? Do they come from a country "full of very naive people?" Why do TV members come up with such idiotic suggestions?

Not blaming Thai Society but actually the society as a whole is corrupt and stage managed to keep their general population (not the nice middle class ones) dumb as an ox and easy to manipulate.

Gang-banged for a week...

Gang raped. There is a major difference.

Verb: Gang-bang

1. Have group sex

2. Rape by multiple different people one after another

Source: WordWeb Pro.

Feel a bit childish having to do that.....................thumbsup.gif

The term gang rape is far more pertinent, there is absolutely zero confusion then to what happened. Gang bang can, and often does, imply something completely different. If you're dealing with something like this the most appropriate choice of words are those that leave absolutely no room for misinterpretation.

Your very own definition supports me on that. Notice 'have group sex' is given as the primary definition.

From Merriam-Webster:

gang rape

noun

Definition of GANG RAPE

: rape of one person by several attackers in succession

gang–rape transitive verb

Leaves zero room for misunderstanding.

I sincerely hope you never consider law as a career.

Edited by LucidLucifer

All a moot point - I said repeatedly raped, not gang raped of which I have no idea if that happened - might have, but is that worse than being repeatedly raped by a group of nigerians? Would anyone think they even knew what a condom was let alone bothered to use one? Either way, she's got heaps of problems from her breaking the law.

All a moot point - I said repeatedly raped, not gang raped of which I have no idea if that happened - might have, but is that worse than being repeatedly raped by a group of nigerians? Would anyone think they even knew what a condom was let alone bothered to use one? Either way, she's got heaps of problems from her breaking the law.

Yes, I agree. I'm getting side tracked and for that you have my apologies.

Not blaming Thai Society but actually the society as a whole is corrupt and stage managed to keep their general population (not the nice middle class ones) dumb as an ox and easy to manipulate.

Surely you know why these types of scams (e.g., Nigerian type scams) still exist worldwide. It's because there are people all over the world who are both greedy and stupid (greed doesn't have to be just about money). And desperate people are much more vulnerable. What I'm trying to tell you is that this has NOTHING to do with Thailand, but only that a Thai person just happened to be the victim in this case. Get it?

Surely you know why these types of scams (e.g., Nigerian type scams) still exist worldwide. It's because there are people all over the world who are both greedy and stupid (greed doesn't have to be just about money). And desperate people are much more vulnerable. What I'm trying to tell you is that this has NOTHING to do with Thailand, but only that a Thai person just happened to be the victim in this case. Get it?

has nothing to do with Thai society. Simple fact is that it has nothing to do with Thailand either. Its a story about an individual and a scam. To read into it as having anything to do with Thai society is ridiculous

has nothing to do with Thai society. Simple fact is that it has nothing to do with Thailand either. Its a story about an individual and a scam. To read into it as having anything to do with Thai society is ridiculous

It is my post, I am the OP, and I am not reading anything into my own post or the link to Thai society. Berkshire plucked a one liner out from another reply to go on a protect the thais, they are all great wise and lovely, how dare you blah blah routine, and I merely reaffirmed that this is horseshit, and that the whole culture of Thailand leads people particularly susceptible to this kind of unfortunate series of events. Same as the Philippines. I never mentioned this in the original post, it was a reply to someone else who had written "Thai women, in my experience, do not do nearly enough if any research on important matters". I guess you have not read the thread in its entirety, saw the sequence of this off shoot conversation, and understood why I replied as I did. Anyway, keep them coming flamers and fluffies - its good to keep this high up so as to warn others who might fall into this trap for what ever reason be it money or hope. Both are very strong motivators.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't think you willto get a lot of sympathy for this on TV, this sounds like a horrible situation and I hope the girl will be ok but you have to agree it stinks of a 'got caught' alibi and at any time she could have told the authorities and if I had been gang raped that is the first thing I would have done regardless who or what the gangs threats were but she chose to not tell anybody anything until she gets caught and this is where the cops will have heard the same story 100's of times, if she had gone straight to authorities and said to them she had been gang raped and forced to smuggled drugs they would have been very sympathetic and problem asked her to help setup a sting but I guess we will never know........

Good luck to her I hope they are lenient on her

Unfortunately I don't think you willto get a lot of sympathy for this on TV, this sounds like a horrible situation and I hope the girl will be ok but you have to agree it stinks of a 'got caught' alibi and at any time she could have told the authorities and if I had been gang raped that is the first thing I would have done regardless who or what the gangs threats were but she chose to not tell anybody anything until she gets caught and this is where the cops will have heard the same story 100's of times, if she had gone straight to authorities and said to them she had been gang raped and forced to smuggled drugs they would have been very sympathetic and problem asked her to help setup a sting but I guess we will never know........

Good luck to her I hope they are lenient on her

I don't want any sympathy - I am doing my utmost best not to walk round my house saying "I bloody told you so - why did you not listen to me - you know I am always right about everything - why did you not listen to me?????"

Stinks or not, we can not say what went through her head at the time. PTSD might have kicked in after a week of being raped, and just shut everything out to try and get through to the end of the ordeal. WHo knows. the point was to find come organisations that could offer her assistance; yes she's guilty, but everyone is entitled to a defence even if that is just to spell out their options / or what is going to happen. Also, she will be alone for 20+ yrs so some groups that do visits etc. Had some good suggestions so far which have been passed on. Other than that, here's hoping that someone of you will read it and do a better job at persuading a lady not to venture off to South America for love (or money) and to bloody well listen to you. Hell, show them his thread. If that means I have to bat away at trolls, flamers, grumpy gits, fluffies, haters and all sorts then great, bring it on as long as more people can see and be aware.

I dont think people are being trolls, haters or anything else, if I was to be honest I would say this is so far fetched that it is hard to belive, this sounds like a story made up for the cops or the girls family to justify she was drug trafficking, although we all cannot say 100% it didnt happen like this, its kind of hard to belive it's true, the girl went all the way to brazil to meet somebody she had never even met even after you had cautioned her about the very think that happened to her, she gets to Brazil and is repetadly raped in a hotel and forced to travel back with drugs.. just cannot buy that theory

• Like 1

You warned everyone (including the girl) of the possible consequences, but nobody listened to you.

I believe you've done your part.

I'd be more concerned about your GF wanting to help this girl who is an acquaintance of her's, let alone a friend.

Do you really want to be dragged in the middle of this?

I dont think people are being trolls, haters or anything else, if I was to be honest I would say this is so far fetched that it is hard to belive, this sounds like a story made up for the cops or the girls family to justify she was drug trafficking, although we all cannot say 100% it didnt happen like this, its kind of hard to belive it's true, the girl went all the way to brazil to meet somebody she had never even met even after you had cautioned her about the very think that happened to her, she gets to Brazil and is repetadly raped in a hotel and forced to travel back with drugs.. just cannot buy that theory

Tell you what, when the report of her arrest is listed on the HK Customs website (not been updated for a week now) I will link it for you.

You warned everyone (including the girl) of the possible consequences, but nobody listened to you.

I believe you've done your part.

I'd be more concerned about your GF wanting to help this girl who is an acquaintance of her's, let alone a friend.

Do you really want to be dragged in the middle of this?

I am already - my GF has lived with me for a year. We all have friends who have done stupid things or actions that we do not agree with and would never do ourselves; can not blame someone or look down on them because their friend is a stupid fool. There is no harm that can come from me trying to warn other people and also to point some charities in her direction. I'm not doing any more and there is nothing more we can do.

This report shows how the drug trafficking by Thai women in reality works. Much less dramatic to the OP story, but much more reasonable:

Numbers of Thai women have been jailed in Hong Kong for drug smuggling as they were deceived by a Nigerian drug cartel using them as dealers.

Deputy Consul-General Suree Trairatananukool of Royal Thai Consulate-General in Hong Kong said drug gangs lured Thai women to smuggle drugs by asking them to become their girlfriends and inviting them to go abroad with them.

There are currently 71 Thais jailed in Hong Kong, of whom 55 are women, with 32 put behind bars under drug charges.

According to Ms Suree, some female victims willingly smuggled drugs while others were deceived by their foreign boyfriends--mostly from Africa, of which 80-90 per cent were from Nigeria.

Hong Kong is used as a channel for drug smuggling. Three or four Thais are arrested there each year for drug cases.

Ms Suree said there are two versions of the courier scenario, both involving boyfriends who are drug cartel members. In both cases he tells the girlfriend he cannot join the trip on the departure day and lets her travel by herself. Leaving his baggage with her, he tells her someone will pick her up and she is to give them the baggage in Hong Kong.

In another scenario, the boyfriend says he has problems and cannot join the trip. He will tell the girlfriend to leave for Thailand immediately once she arrives Hong Kong, and tells her to pick up a return ticket and a package from his cousin who is already at Hong Kong airport.

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/365649.html

Would be interesting to read the findings of the HK police. If the OP story is even remotely true, it would make big news. But more probable it is just another case which the Thai consular tells above.