Chalerm Vows To Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tourism Businesses Within 3 Month

webfact

For once I sincerely hope that all the negative posters me included get egg on our faces, and he does eradicate the 'Tourist Mafia' in 90 days, however I think this falls into the same category as the futsal stadium in Bangkok being ready to host the opening game, just ain't gonna happen!

The only positive thing to come out of this statement is the recognition that there is a so called 'Mafia' in existence, however he has neglected to mention that it is made up of senior Gov. officials and police!

Edited by lizardtongue

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For once I sincerely hope that all the negative posters me included get egg on our faces, and he does eradicate the 'Tourist Mafia' in 90 days, however I think this falls into the same category as the futbol stadium in Bangkok being ready to host the opening game, just ain't gonna happen!

The only positive thing to come out of this statement is the recognition that there is a so called 'Mafia' in existence, however he has neglected to mention that it is made up of senior Gov. officials and police!

It hasn't happened. It's been 180 days already.

Edited by whybother
  • Like 1

For once I sincerely hope that all the negative posters me included get egg on our faces, and he does eradicate the 'Tourist Mafia' in 90 days, however I think this falls into the same category as the futbol stadium in Bangkok being ready to host the opening game, just ain't gonna happen!

It hasn't happened. It's been 180 days already.

He no longer has time he is solving the problem in the south now.

The beauty of it is that Chalerm can at some point vow the very same thing and look tough and decisive all over again. It's like an open ended photo op. and PR campaign were he doesn't have to actually do any work to improve things in the country.

• Like 1

I thought he had solved this problem. He's busy on the phone at the moment to the security forces in the South. I'm sure hell sole that problem in 90 days as well. He is a legend in his own medicine cabinet.

Yes he is 90 days late, plus this is in the news today; Thailand-- The hub of comedians in government...:

Posted 24 minutes ago

Aussies warned about Phuket scamsters

BANGKOK: -- Australian tourists in Phuket should be wary of extortion gangs, some of which are in cahoots with local police.

Australian Ambassador James Wise and his British counterpart, Mark Kent, have joined a Thai Ministry of Tourism campaign to tackle tourist scams on Phuket.

Up to 25,000 Australians visit Phuket each month, with Christmas and New Year the peak of the tourism season.

The main scams involve taxi and jet-ski operators in Phuket and the seaside resort town of Pattaya.

Mr Wise said travellers needed to be on their guard when they hired jet-skis or motorcycles.

[more...]

Full story: http://www.smh.com.a...1223-2btzi.html

Edited by metisdead
: Edited as per fair use policy.

Yes he is 90 days late, plus this is in the news today; Thailand-- The hub of comedians in government...:

Posted 24 minutes ago

BANGKOK: -- Australian tourists in Phuket should be wary of extortion gangs, some of which are in cahoots with local police.

Australian Ambassador James Wise and his British counterpart, Mark Kent, have joined a Thai Ministry of Tourism campaign to tackle tourist scams on Phuket.

Up to 25,000 Australians visit Phuket each month, with Christmas and New Year the peak of the tourism season.

The main scams involve taxi and jet-ski operators in Phuket and the seaside resort town of Pattaya.

Mr Wise said travellers needed to be on their guard when they hired jet-skis or motorcycles.

[more...]

Also this: '"Mr Kent said travellers should be cautious in "crowded markets, tourist sites, bus or train stations and festivals".

'"It is best to avoid isolated neighbourhoods, shortcuts, narrow alleys and poorly lit streets, especially late at night," he said."'

Where else is there left to go?

Posted 24 minutes ago

[more...]

Also this: '"Mr Kent said travellers should be cautious in "crowded markets, tourist sites, bus or train stations and festivals".

'"It is best to avoid isolated neighbourhoods, shortcuts, narrow alleys and poorly lit streets, especially late at night," he said."'

Where else is there left to go?

The police station?

Oh wait, they're in on it too.

Edited by bigbamboo

I am going tocheesy.gifcheesy.gif take him at his word. Saturday the 22nd will be the birth of a new Thailand.

Maybe they should change the name to New Thailand.clap2.gif

Well I think that this 3 months project can be classed as a FAIL cheesy.gif

Another ZERO succsess.cheesy.gif

But how to blame the Dems, or the farangs, for his failure ... that's the real question ! laugh.png

"There wouldn't be any scams, if the tourists didn't come here", perhaps ?

Or "The police tell me, they were too busy controlling the peaceful-protesters, to go looking for the scamsters".

Edited by Ricardo

The beauty of it is that Chalerm can at some point vow the very same thing and look tough and decisive all over again. It's like an open ended photo op. and PR campaign were he doesn't have to actually do any work to improve things in the country.

Chalerm keeping a vow would be a WOW!!