Chalerm Vows To Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tourism Businesses Within 3 Month

webfact

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I just realized if I was Thai and could also understand English fluently I would really have a wounded soul from what i've read on most Topics and posts. This is the FIRST politician to even address the subject of corruption in the Tourist industry that you all have complained about so persistantly. Some of you can't speak Thai and don't even know who Chalerm is but its not enough to staple your mouth shut from hating on this admirable politician. France and England have colonized Laos,Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia, etc and multinational Corporations have already colonized Thailand. Here comes the NWCO, hopefully with loads of NGO's.....

Chalerm will address it in the same way as a hagis.

What we'd like to hear from Chalerm: Silence.

The next best thing, is a pledge to motivate all Thai security institutions under his watch, to.......

>>> uphold the law

>>> be stellar examples for the general public

>>> pursue criminals, investigations, with diligence and without subjectivity.

>>> don't let VIP's evade law enforcement (then he'd have to see his own kids prosecuted)

Instead, we've got a superstitious whiskey drinker who makes announcements like an ice cream vendor announces the flavor of the day. All subjective and politically tainted.

You know I just realized if I was Thai and could also understand English fluently I would really have a wounded soul from what i've read on most Topics and posts. This is the FIRST politician to even address the subject of corruption in the Tourist industry that you all have complained about so persistantly. Some of you can't speak Thai and don't even know who Chalerm is but its not enough to staple your mouth shut from hating on this admirable politician. France and England have colonized Laos,Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia, etc and multinational Corporations have already colonized Thailand. Here comes the NWCO, hopefully with loads of NGO's.....

One of the reasons some people do not respect Chalerm is that he supported extrajudicial killing when Thaksin was PM. Also recently was quoted as saying people convicted of drug offences and receive the death penalty should be executed within 30 days (playing to the gallery). Noting the other topics you contribute to, you probably subscribe to Amnesty International so take a look at their website for further info. Hope this assists in your understanding

"Attending the one-hour meeting were the governors of Phuket, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Sukhothai, Tak and Kanchanaburi."

where was the Pattaya governors...???

Maybe he had no time, maybe he was in a business meeting with the Pattaya mafia.cheesy.gif Edited by Skywalker69

...... This is the FIRST politician to even address the subject of corruption in the Tourist industry ........

Some politicians and Members of Parliament often talk about the Thai "Mafia" in the tourist industry, it's just that they usually start their comments with "my esteemed friend..." or " the honourable member..." whistling.gif

Admirable politician ? Are you on crack ? This is one of the most contemptible figures in Thai politics , who does not have the slightest understanding of the word irony. If he wants to crack down on crime he can start with his own sons........Also on a side note Thailand HAS been colonized. It was done by the Chinese , and very very quietly....

• Like 2

So, here we are, 10 days into a 90 day project.

Has anyone from Phuket, Pattaya, Samui, Chaing Mai, Bangkok etc. seen any benefit?

Are the jet ski scams still at full throttle?

Are the tuk tuk/song theaw ripoffs still lining the obnixious drivers' wallets?

Has anyone from Phuket, Pattaya, Samui, Chaing Mai, Bangkok etc. seen any benefit?

AnandaSatvha is posting on Thai Visa.

AnandaSatvha is posting on Thai Visa.

As is Butthead.

The scammers went on a holiday.

Today, I spotted the 2 older women that seem to watch over the jet ski scammers.

One in front of Royal Garden and one at Soi 11.

It looks like they keep track of the days earnings for the real owners of the jet skis.

The scammers went on a holiday.

Today, I spotted the 2 older women that seem to watch over the jet ski scammers.

One in front of Royal Garden and one at Soi 11.

It looks like they keep track of the days earnings for the real owners of the jet skis.

Thanks Paul.

Maybe the TV hosts could open a scam watch page so Chalerm's effectiveness can be monitored

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wonderful news that our esteemed Interior Minister is going to bring his undoubted talents to bear against these rogues. One can only hope that he will meet with the same success as in his war against the drug smugglers. Indeed I do hope he intends to mete out the same punishment as none of them would be missed.

Its almost August 6, 2012...Chalerm Vowed to "Get Rid Of Mafia In Thai Tooiurism Business." I wonder how the old boy is sdoing on reaching that goal.

Yeah! How's he doing against his KPIs?

Where are all the PTP and Red puppets to defend him?

• 4 weeks later...

Are they gone yet? w00t.gif

Patience, he's still got around 60 days left.

Down to 30 days. Has it going then, almost completely eliminated? I guess just a little bit of mopping up to do now and the jobs done. No more scams and the like in Thailand I guess from October on tourism will be booming because of this work.

• Like 1

Some people are too impatient it seems. Building up operations takes time, but when put in place one may see action like lightning strikes.

We still have a month. Pity it will be too late for the government report on their first year accomplishments <insert some smiley>

Thailand have to expect a slight drop in returning tourists because the tourists cant do repeat trips to Thailand because they are dead, murdered, burned, poisoned, accidents caused by total stupidity of the person who just ran away from the seen of the accident or killed in a tourist bus trip being ripped of by unlicensed taxis and local mafia overcharging for beach seats and jet skis is the least of your problems surviving the complete length of your holiday should be your main concern. Best of luck with your Bt12 Trillion in the next five years. Keep taking the medication Chalerm