Setting Up An Internet Service In The Village Of Nommog, Thabo, 43110.

rockyysdt

A dear friend has complained of having to make a long scooter rides or forking out 100 baht each time she wants to send or read an E-Mail.

Apparently some enterprising teenager has set up the only internet service in their village and has cornered the market.

How feasible would it be for this lady to arrange her own Internet Service via some form of high speed internet, a multiple port modem/router and half a dozen or so used PC's.

Being internet and PC illiterate, her teenage son could run the operation.

Her village is Nommog, Thabo, 43110 (near Nong Kai).

I don't know whether service in that region would be terrestrial or via satellite n

or am I familiar with internet companies services and plans.

I'd imagine she'd need an affordable plan which has certainty of cost and either unlimited download/upload or someway to restrict usage by customers to reasonable levels.

Can someone help regarding:

Service Providers.

Suitable plans and costs.

Hardware costs and affordability.

Many thanks.

Edited by rockyysdt

Where l am they charge 10bht an hour. sad.png Crap venture.

Where are you?

What do you mean by crap venture?

Ubon.

You buy 20 stations, lot of dosh, working 24 hours, you must work 24 hours. Virus crashes, cos all stuff is counterfeit. You take 10 <deleted> bht an hour on a station. I know someone who has one and it's a nightmare. sad.png

I think the first step would be to identify potential Internet Service Providers, and I'm not sure any of us can do that remotely?

Maybe your friend could determine which ISP the "...enterprising teenager..."? Or just ask around as to what others are using? There are fixed-line services delivered over telephone lines called DSL, mobile broadband delivered via 3G and TOT even has a WiFi service called Wi-Net.

I think the first step would be to identify potential Internet Service Providers, and I'm not sure any of us can do that remotely?

Maybe your friend could determine which ISP the "...enterprising teenager..."? Or just ask around as to what others are using? There are fixed-line services delivered over telephone lines called DSL, mobile broadband delivered via 3G and TOT even has a WiFi service called Wi-Net.

Do they have what I call "Naked DSL" in this country?

That is, use the cable associated with a disconnected fixed line service (cable) without paying for a Telephone Line.

In Australia the Government broke the monopoly by allowing piggy back of the telephone line copper for DSL without any obligation to have a telephone service connected.

Do they have what I call "Naked DSL" in this country?

That is, use the cable associated with a disconnected fixed line service (cable) without paying for a Telephone Line.

In Australia the Government broke the monopoly by allowing piggy back of the telephone line copper for DSL without any obligation to have a telephone service connected.

Yes, I believe some ISP's here offer broadband on copper via DSL without the need for underlying POTs service. AFAIK, 3BB follows this model.

However that doesn't really address the first challenge: identifying ISPs which might service your desired location.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is good cell phone connections in her area I would try purchasing a good dongel and an air card. It is not fast but you can get on line post and check email surf the web it is slow but can be done at home. I pay about 975.00 Baht for unlimited acess . I got lots of help and advice from a local cell phone vendor in my village.

Regards

Moe