Can'T Have A Beer Between 2 And 5Pm At Restaurant.

mellow1

Was introuced to prevent schoolkids buying beer on the way home from school.

In restaurants? rolleyes.gif

Well it would have just been been plain stupid to ban schoolkids from drinking alcohol in restaurants wouldn't it?

Probably, as they buy their alcohol in mom&pop style shops. smile.png

Was introuced to prevent schoolkids buying beer on the way home from school.

In restaurants? rolleyes.gif

Well it would have just been been plain stupid to ban schoolkids from drinking alcohol in restaurants wouldn't it?

Exactly, so the law is completely stupid!

Absolutely, because there is also another law: Nobody is allowed to sell alcohol to people below the age of 20. At any time.

(I am saying this as a member, not a moderator. This is my opinion is not necessarily shared by the owners of ThaiVisa.)

• Like 1

I think the reasoning for the 2-5pm ban on alcohol sales was to reduce drunk driving among people driving home from work.

Most people who works (I feel sorry for them) check out from their work at 5PM.

I think the reasoning for the 2-5pm ban on alcohol sales was to reduce drunk driving among people driving home from work.

Hmmm.......They finish work at five.

And they've just had 3 hours to sober up biggrin.png

Anyway that's what I remember the reasoning as being, I might be mistaken

Hmmm.......They finish work at five.

And they've just had 3 hours to sober up biggrin.png

Anyway that's what I remember the reasoning as being, I might be mistaken

Maybe you misheard and the law just wanted to make sure that not selling ( not opening the fridge) for 3 hours the beer was cold at 5PM when the workers finish their job.

Never ever had a prob ordering a beer eating out at any time. smile.png

I once heard about one who was even able to order a beer at a temple whistling.gif

I got took to a temple one night by some thai friends were there was an underground gambling scene going on (didnt participate though), a few fights over money and a vendor selling liquer. Couldnt believe it

Never ever had a prob ordering a beer eating out at any time. smile.png

I once heard about one who was even able to order a beer at a temple whistling.gif

I got took to a temple one night by some thai friends were there was an underground gambling scene going on (didnt participate though), a few fights over money and a vendor selling liquer. Couldnt believe it

Guess who gets a percentage. whistling.gif

Do what I do and order 18 pints of lager at 1.55pm......lovely jubbly

haha

never experienced going to a resturant that sold alcohol where the "no alcohol between these hours has been enforced though"

You've been lucky. Try some food courts at Tesco or Big C.

It's hit and miss though. e.g. Big C (extra) Pattaya no, Big C Nakhon Sawan, no problem.

I can top that. When A&W Root Beer first started showing up on the supermarket shelves I tried to check some out. The clerk said they couldn't sell any from 2-5. Fortunately another clerk sort of whispered to her that Root Beer was soda. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I can top that. When A&W Root Beer first started showing up on the supermarket shelves I tried to check some out. The clerk said they couldn't sell any from 2-5. Fortunately another clerk sort of whispered to her that Root Beer was soda. biggrin.png

Good job it wasn't A&W at Panthip!!