Thank You Wine Connection Restaurant Chain!

Chantal

To the Wine Connection group.....thank you so much for your extremely generous open party celebrating the opening of your new branch in Kata last night. The delicious free food and drinks flowed freely for hours on end for hundreds of people. Your generosity was unbelievable and your professional organization from parking to true hospitality with great entertainment was at its total best!!! Congratulations to you and your wonderful staff and I wish you all the very best with your latest venture in Kata.

IMO this is just what Kata needs and you deserve to succeed big time! You can be assured that we will be back on a regular basis to enjoy your lovely restaurant.

• Like 1

Well, try going to the one in Chalong, food and service taken a steep nose dive lately, know of at least 3 people that don't go in there because of service.

After not going in for some months i thought i would try again last week,(the place was empty at lunch time) first the order for food could not be cooked because the waitress could not log on? then we had to wait longer than the whole meal took to cook and eat to get the bill, when it came it was wrong.

Sorry maybe i will try again next year.

I have eaten a few times at the one in Kata, it is much much better than chalong, nice open kitchen too.. well part of it. Chef seems to be around. ONly thing is the other night (not party night) they have the lights flashing.. disco style while you eat!! This seemed to be after the management was gone. I think on weekends will be like a lounge but really they sh ould not have the music so loud and lights flashing...

but other then that it is the best thing to happen to Kata since getting some lifeguards back on the beach.

I've been burnt by the other branches in the past to even consider going back.

Poor service, mediocre food and extremely overpriced. Anyone who has tried the breakfast will tell you its the worst around.

So the one in central is an exception?

oh well lucky us phuketowners. The ratatouille is always great

Edited by Hostile17

Poor service, mediocre food and extremely overpriced. Anyone who has tried the breakfast will tell you its the worst around.

Worst around?

I think in a fairly recent 'Good Breakfast' thread, Wine Connection got quite a few good reviews for their 154 baht breakfast fry up. I've certainly not got any complaints whatsoever.

• Like 1

Worst around?

I think in a fairly recent 'Good Breakfast' thread, Wine Connection got quite a few good reviews for their 154 baht breakfast fry up. I've certainly not got any complaints whatsoever.

Ate there for breakfast yesterday "bangtao branch" 145 baht English breakfast including good bread and coffee is a bargain in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to visiting the new WC in Kata. Nice location. Not many customers. Perhaps because they were very oddly pumping loud, angry rap music for the white, mostly 50+ crowd. Very odd. It's been a long time since I have heard the N-word used that many times in succession.

We came for the beers on tap, but were surprised and disappointed to find that all but one was sold out. A Belgian Pils that was OK. Burger was good, but they forgot my mashed potatoes.

utf-8bUGhvdG8wNDIwLmpwZw.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

• 11 months later...

I used to go to Wine Connection Chalong branch for a few years, but since a while food is not acceptable for me anymore. Cordon Bleu rare inside and macaroni dishes warmed in a microwave. I stopped going there. In Chalong there are no breakfasts anymore

There was a menu with chef specialities, good selection of cheeses - but after they became bigger food is not as good as it was few years ago.

I used to eat on a regular basis at their Chalong and Jungceylon branches, but the quality and presentation has gone down hill and I just stopped going about a year ago. Never liked the layout of the Kata branch.

Agree,the food is dreadful,and the beer is warm,the first two things that a customer looks for.The opening night was the busiest it's ever been,it's not making money,and I think the other bars etc in that area are in the same boat.

PST.

Eaten in the Chalong venue quite a few times, though only through meeting friends (their choice not mine). I think it has the comfort factor for tourists and maybe some lesser educated expats, for what appears to be a 'safe' menu of familiar food, served in what is a typical cafe style. However, there's always been a gap between the menu description and what actually appears in front of you. Poorly prepared, usually overcooked food that lacks seasoning, randomly served (i.e. main course before starter etc) and not recommended for any form of celebration.

Ironically, there are quite a few, excellent restaurants that are little known, but do actually deliver in terms of quality and ambience, and they aren't very far from Wine Connection (Chalong, anyway).

^Intriguing - you're describing food service just about everywhere in Phuket from when I first came here (about 30 years ago) - any resemblance between the food described on the menu and the food delivered was purely coincidental, and if your ordered 3 courses at once, they could come either all at once or in no specific order. Memories...

Three friends visiting from the UK were at the Jungceylon outlet recently.

One bloke quite well travelled as he had been a professional footballer commented that the Spanish style Gambas was as good as anywhere he had eaten in Spain.

Yes. I went over to the JC branch about a month ago and thought that they had updated the menu. The first 4 - 5 pages are mostly the same, but more toward the back, lots of new choices. The Gambas was delish. I will go back to try the other new items.