Computer/it Shops In Hua Hin...

The Mask

I was thinking of setting up a computer/IT shop in Hua Hin offering all the usual services but also wireless internet packages. I would really appreciate it if any of the local residents on this forum would let me know if many such services exist and if so are they good?.

Many thanks

After 2.5 days without you getting a response, I'll jump in and give you my very limited knowledge. There is a parts and service IT shop on the main road going south, not far from the soon-to-be Tesco-Lotus. The shop has one or two techs who'll come as far as 6 kilometers from the shop, to do service calls. I suspect there are other shops, too, but don't know.

I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to setting up a business, especially in a foreign country. Sounds like the fastest way to make enemies.

There are a few shops in Hua Hin but with limited stock. Most of them will order a computer from Bangkok for you which is not really helpful as you only have a picture and spec to go on.

Most of the people I know who have bought PCs over here go to the Pantip plaza in Bangkok, which is a Hugh shopping complex with tons of small outlets selling absolutely everything.

As for wifi - some of the coffee shops have such a beast. I am really lucky as i pick up a signal nearly 3kms away from a local internet cafe the signal strength ranges but at worst its a hel_l of a lot faster than the 56k standard phone line.