Type Of Immunization Needed When Traveling To Phuket.

Xedent

Just bring or buy some personal insect repellent with at least 80% DEET in it.

I see that you are from Aus, so I reccommend a few tubes of Bushman Gel from your local chemist.

(Not stocked by supermarkets)

And USE IT at dusk and evenings. :o

Edited by udon

Just bring or buy some personal insect repellent with at least 80% DEET in it.

I see that you are from Aus, so I reccommend a few tubes of Bushman Gel from your local chemist.

(Not stocked by supermarkets)

And USE IT at dusk and evenings. :o

thanks for that, so you only recomend cover for mosquitoes?

Yep...... you're not coming to a country with typhoid or smallpox. :o

I'd throw in a few cans of Aeroguard Tropical strength aerosols too for spraying shirts etc..

I'm lucky, Mozzies don't like the vodka in my CO2, never been bitten but a lot of friends have.

where do you live? do you live in thailand?

Yes, 5 years in Thailand, currently in Sinney, back in the LOS soon.

Never had any injections for travelling, but then, I've never been to Africa or trekked thru a jungle in Thailand. :D

I doubt if any expats living in Phuket have had any injections either, for living there.

Just get the repellent and apply liberally.

see http://bushman-repellent.com/ & the Aeroguard site.

Clayton ask your GP. lot of people get hep shots these days before travelling just about anywhere.

Why would anyone going on Holiday to Phuket need a hepatitus shot????? Geeeez! :o

Never had any injections for travelling, but then, I've never been to Africa or trekked thru a jungle in Thailand. :D

I doubt if any expats living in Phuket have had any injections either, for living there.

Clayton ask your GP. lot of people get hep shots these days before travelling just about anywhere.

Why would anyone going on Holiday to Phuket need a hepatitus shot????? Geeeez! :o

Yeah even 7-11 has a good skeeter repellent , atleast they didnt bite me after using it . Or maybe i was plowed by that time . I didnt have to have any shots now coming back you may if you are single .hahahah

Yeah even 7-11 has a good skeeter repellent , atleast they didnt bite me after using it . Or maybe i was plowed by that time . I didnt have to have any shots now coming back you may if you are single .hahahah

even if you use a condom? lol

you can get hepatitus by sharing a bottle of water.

###### i miss that place , a party everyday and no work . GIrls girls girls . Ahhhh safari was cool too

###### i miss that place , a party everyday and no work . GIrls girls girls . Ahhhh safari was cool too

the question is does a condom stop std's ?

Why would anyone going on Holiday to Phuket need a hepatitus shot????? Geeeez! :D

you can get hepatitus by sharing a bottle of water.

Lesson No. 1.... don't share a bottle of water! :o

udon, ever drink beer in a glass?

what if the glass hasn't been cleaned property and the old user had hep..

thats the kind of thing i mean..

personally i dont think about these things, but its better not to totally disregard them..