Thai 'Red Shirts' Stage Mass Protest In Bangkok

webfact

you seem to enjoy claiming non-existent victories, yet you don't acknowledge that your argument about ptp not implementing policies to help the poor is just plain wrong, you are wrong.

Out of the fairly extensive list of pre-election promises, name any that have been fulfilled to completion, and out of that list name one that has benefited the poor in any way,

Just one, shouldn't be that difficult.

and it shouldn't be that difficult for you to read that i didn't say any were fulfilled to completion... because that wasn't the point i was making.

Correct. Your point though is not really made, unless you can indicate which policies were at least 'started' to help the poor. Let me help you, THB 300/day for some. The verdict on whether this really helps the poor is still out though. Any policy I may have missed ?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you seem to enjoy claiming non-existent victories, yet you don't acknowledge that your argument about ptp not implementing policies to help the poor is just plain wrong, you are wrong.

Out of the fairly extensive list of pre-election promises, name any that have been fulfilled to completion, and out of that list name one that has benefited the poor in any way,

and it shouldn't be that difficult for you to read that i didn't say any were fulfilled to completion... because that wasn't the point i was making.

Correct. Your point though is not really made, unless you can indicate which policies were at least 'started' to help the poor. Let me help you, THB 300/day for some. The verdict on whether this really helps the poor is still out though. Any policy I may have missed ?

let me help you rubl... i already did indicate a policy that was at least 'started' to help the poor.

so how you consider repeating to me what i already said as helping me, i have absolutely no idea.

so try to read back properly to see what my point was before you tell me that it was not really made.

'balanced and considered' - that's a good one yunla

you then change it to, yeah but they are populist and they might be risky... and i agree but you're still wrong about the failure to put in policies to help the poor.

so i'm not crawling away from defeat as you so falsely stated (maybe self serving that ego again?), i just find any interaction with you as fruitless because you're constantly slightly altering 'what you were actually saying' when you're caught out on it.

btw i meant that i skim the posts as soon as i realise it's one of the ones you've said a million times already.

i did feel the need to respond to that post but please, you most certainly can have the ultimate last word because i've learned my lesson with you now.

As rubl and Thaddeus have both pointed out in different ways, for a party such as PTP whose entire pre-election drive was about helping the poor, redistributing wealth, promoting equality, as their first year in office comes to an end, it is obvious to ask oneself if they have started to do what they said. Nobody expects a socioeconomic turnaround in one year, but there should be a full smorgasbord of bills already implemented, and more in process, and yet more waiting in the Santa-Claus-like bag of rewards and gifts that Yingluck was supposed to be delivering to the poorest in society.

I started by saying ontopic, that the redmob were mobilising (marching/protesting/meeting in public) increasingly at the drop of a hat, to Abhisit meetings, to monuments, to the gates of parliament etc. And I put forward my feeling that the redmob mass-protesting is actually what they are supposed to do, to be a visible street force to counterbalance PTP's invisible policymaking. My hypothesis, which you have so far entirely failed to disprove in your shambling around the issue, is that PTP are intentionally keeping their rural electoral membership as dim and poor as possible, in classic totalitarian style, to prevent the asking of questions or making of independant choices. When confronted by you on this, I put forth the facts that PTP have not in this one year established a groundbreaking new educational-reform investment package, to create a new generation of smart leadership-capable innovative thinkers, who can act as responsible modern facilitators within their communities and to promote self-reliance and better communication with outside agencies, especially in other rural areas.

And in addition they have not enacted the essential reform bills for poverty-eradication in those rural areas, which include housing, medicine, basic amenities and jobs. In this last category of labour, PTP have actually undermined the existing rice industry and opened it yet further to mass-corruption, while also not investing in alternatives.

So there is the long list of essential bills PTP should have proposed and enacted in the last twelve months instead of hanging round 5star hotels and flying to Dubai. My list is priority policymaking to improve the lives of the rural poor in meaningful long-term ways which include self-reliance and independent enterprise. I stated that if the PTP had invested in those things and put through those bills, the redmob would stay in the provinces and work to improve their lives within the new areas of investment. And they would therefor not go 'mobilising' in the capital at the drop of a hat.

You responded by saying that infact PTP have helped the poor because of the minimum wage, which was not universally accepted by employers and has several major pitfalls in this type of developing nation. By your statement of this, you avoided the whole list of far more essential and easy-to-begin social infrastructure bills that PTP have failed to even announce, much less implement.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

quite a number from school tablets to governing during the midst of severe flooding when the previous administration did NOTHING in risk management terms and left it to the PTP to struggle through - and yes it WAS a struggle but I never hear Thais blaming the PTP for the mess but this is irrelevant as other policies they want to carry out are negatively stopped by the yellow mob (charter reform and debate, the NASA project etc.) by the Dems who are looking ridiculous more and more each day with their filibustering and frustrating of the democratic process.

^#199 phiphidon

Minor typo, you most likely meant ICC

ICC, MCC, they're all the same old boy, but yes you're right, ICC it is............

If Amsterdam though it would do Thaksin's hopeless cause any good, he'd take it to the MCC