Thai Consumer Group Urges GMM Boycott Over Euro Fiasco

webfact

True Visions cannot be view as anything but an enterprise in bed with various ministries in a criminal conspiracy to defraud everyone. Their time as a monopoly in urban Thailand is coming to an end. The pure hubris by True Visions executives is on full display during this and other debacles, ASN comes to mind.

Watch as much of True Visions parent company, CP, continues to move money offshore to better performing economies.

True Visions cannot be view as anything but an enterprise in bed with various ministries in a criminal conspiracy to defraud everyone. Their time as a monopoly in urban Thailand is coming to an end. The pure hubris by True Visions executives is on full display during this and other debacles, ASN comes to mind.

Watch as much of True Visions parent company, CP, continues to move money offshore to better performing economies.

True, True, True, beatdeadhorse.gif

and yet this thread is about consumer groups being pissed at Grammy.

Sorry but why do people think that there are gonna be English speaking programs on Thai TV.

Use the tail for a good soup - Oxtail.

Fair enough criticism. However, there is no excuse for there not to be multilingual options. In the EU and North America all sorts of language options are available to various ethnic communities. I don't think one needs to have taken a marketing course to appreciate that in the areas of Pattaya, Phuket & Chiang Mai there are large numbers of German, English, Swedish and Russian language speakers.. Serve the market and make a profit. It's bad enough that I have to endure Fox, but the feed freezes. Would it be so difficult to offer some options from Australia, Hong Kong or the EU? My DW news feed is so bad, I think I am having a seizure.

This is not Europe or America, this is a 3rd world country.

Would be a great way to enter the market by offering multi lingual channels, but True and Grammy might not like someone stepping on their toes.

We have a box plug in the ADSL, HD cable to the TV and job done Corrie and all the usual stuff. Needs a 3MB connection works here in Spain & in LOS.

An easy solution to all of this - the next time GMM buy the rights to an event of some sort, DON'T on sell it to free-to-air.

In this case, GMM on sold it with conditions. The free-to-air stations accepted those conditions. Blame the free-to-air stations for this "cock-up".

Sent from my shoe phone