Move To Bar Pregnant Migrant Workers From Thailand

webfact

It's a sham policy. It's racist. It's designed to prevent immigrant workers brought in as cheap labor by Thais to cut corners from having a baby entitled to Thai citizenship by birth in Thailand. As one poster pointed out, this is similar in concept to a "purification" of the race policy. The UN should look in to this.

While I am not 100% sure I am reasonably sure just being born in Thailand does not get a kid Thai citizenship unless at least 1 parent is Thai. I hope Thailand is not as silly as the USA is on this. Kids born are the nationality of one or both parents if born in Thailand. If anyone thinks different please give a link to the Thai law on this.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a sham policy. It's racist. It's designed to prevent immigrant workers brought in as cheap labor by Thais to cut corners from having a baby entitled to Thai citizenship by birth in Thailand. As one poster pointed out, this is similar in concept to a "purification" of the race policy. The UN should look in to this.

While I am not 100% sure I am reasonably sure just being born in Thailand does not get a kid Thai citizenship unless at least 1 parent is Thai. I hope Thailand is not as silly as the USA is on this. Kids born are the nationality of one or both parents if born in Thailand. If anyone thinks different please give a link to the Thai law on this.

The kids should not automatically get Thai citizenship. If so it is an extremely badly written law.

I may be wrong but foreigners born here to non Thais, are not entitled to Thai nationality. I believe that law was changed long ago,

As I understand it from from friends who were working here and whose child was born in Thailand, the child has the right to apply for Thai citizenship but must pass written and oral exams on Thai culture and history, both exams conducted in Thai. I am also lead to believe that most Thais would find the tests difficult to pass.

i thought all thais passed their tests ,....its just a matter of paying to pass is'nt it ?