Farang Working As A Bib

ChiangMaiTiger

I know there are a few falangs that work like this but I have met the police volunteer you are talking about an Australian. He helped me out of a situation i found my self in with the police and i could not be more grateful. like may people on here i did not understand why people would volunteer there time and was as guilty as some of you of writing rubbish about these decent people that work for the police. This man helped me and was not on any power trip. he worked for 25 years for the Australia Federal Police including a posting in Thailand for many years he speaks fluent Thai and has a good understanding of Thai law he works with and under the instruction of the Thai police.

Believe me and I am talking to you anti police thinking members if you need a translator and friendly face when you have been arrested over a miss-understanding and you have dug your self in a hole you will be his best friend when he helps clear the problem up. But if you have done wrong he will have no problems aiding your arrest and good on him.

These guys have work permits if you don't believe that go to the police station and ask to see them for yourselfs.

Also playing music is allowed if you go to the city hall and get the relevant permit 15 days a year at no charge or if you want to play music daily get a one year permit not sure of the price but i would think the satisfaction of being legal would be great peace of mind.

Furthermore, basically no musician is going to be bothered for sitting in informally and not frequently as a guest. The 15-day permission is obtainable and would apply basically in situations of repeated instances of playing.

There might be A LOT of muscians who have done just that and they might like to argue your statement LOL

Many were arrested not so long ago for just having a friendly JAM session so you are mistaken

DK

I know there are a few falangs that work like this but I have met the police volunteer you are talking about an Australian. He helped me out of a situation i found my self in with the police and i could not be more grateful. like may people on here i did not understand why people would volunteer there time and was as guilty as some of you of writing rubbish about these decent people that work for the police. This man helped me and was not on any power trip. he worked for 25 years for the Australia Federal Police including a posting in Thailand for many years he speaks fluent Thai and has a good understanding of Thai law he works with and under the instruction of the Thai police.

Believe me and I am talking to you anti police thinking members if you need a translator and friendly face when you have been arrested over a miss-understanding and you have dug your self in a hole you will be his best friend when he helps clear the problem up. But if you have done wrong he will have no problems aiding your arrest and good on him.

These guys have work permits if you don't believe that go to the police station and ask to see them for yourselfs.

Also playing music is allowed if you go to the city hall and get the relevant permit 15 days a year at no charge or if you want to play music daily get a one year permit not sure of the price but i would think the satisfaction of being legal would be great peace of mind.

Furthermore, basically no musician is going to be bothered for sitting in informally and not frequently as a guest. The 15-day permission is obtainable and would apply basically in situations of repeated instances of playing.

There might be A LOT of muscians who have done just that and they might like to argue your statement LOL

Many were arrested not so long ago for just having a friendly JAM session so you are mistaken

DK

A few questions for you, DiamondKing.

If what you have written is true, it is incomplete. Who were these musicians, where were they playing, under what circumstances, and when did this happen? Did any of them have a habit of repeated appearances at the same venue or at more similar venues?

What do you mean by a "friendly jam session?" How often and where did these sessions occur so that they might arouse interest of authorities? Did they play often enough to make people concerned that they were used by establishments to boost business?

Were all of the musicians "regulars," or were some of them just casual infrequent visitors sitting in? Did some of them make their way around town playing places with some regularity?

What actually happened to these musicians you know about? What kind of work permits did they have to do what work under what place of employment? If arrested, were they all treated the same? Any official conclusions in these instances: court appearances, fines, any sort of punishment?

By the way, how is the diamond business these days? It appears gold bugs have been taking a bath!

Edited by Mapguy

So what you guys are saying is, if I go down to main Gate and sit down with my acoustic guitar and start playing a tune, I could be arrested? Crikey.

That doesn't even happen in the most repressed communist countries. Sad state of affairs of that is really happening in Thailand.

My son, PC Beetlejuice, is a Thai visa member but hardly gets time to participate.

He just makes note of what is said in the posts, so that anything that is said, can be written down and used in evidence against them.

Good one wink.png

So what you guys are saying is, if I go down to main Gate and sit down with my acoustic guitar and start playing a tune, I could be arrested? Crikey.

That doesn't even happen in the most repressed communist countries. Sad state of affairs of that is really happening in Thailand.

Maybe it The Thai way of dealing with Farangs biggrin.png

You just have to hope that at midnight on your 15th day that nobody asks for an encore.

You can play in a non-commercial setting, If a bar or resto, then it is assumed by some that you are competing with a local or somehow giving unfair advantage to said business. Edited by daoyai

DK

Do I require a work permit for singing in the bath?