3 Month Tourist Visa - Confused!

We've just been to KL for a tourist visa expecting to get a 60 day which we knew we can extend by a further 30 days. However, the form offered either one month or three month tourist visas so obviously we chose the three month which cost 110RM each. No mention was made in writing or verbally that it was necessary to extend after 60 days and the stamp in our passport simply says that it's a tourist visa. What's the score? Thanks.

A tourist visa entry is for 60 days that can be extended for 30 days at immigration for fee of 1900 baht.

The 30 day visa would be for those from countries that can only get 30 day visa entries.

The 90 days mentioned is the period of time that the visa is valid for entry.

This is the link to the visa application form on the website of the Kuala Lumpur embassy: http://www.mfa.go.th...achments/32.doc

Crickie, where do you see the options for "either one month or three month tourist visas"? It is the single-entry tourist visa, at some consulates also the tourist visa valid for more than one entry, that is valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days from the visa's issue date. The visa, and as far as I know also the visa application form, never indicates the period of the permission to stay that the holder of the visa will receive upon arrival in Thailand.

This form isn't quite the same as the one we were given at the Embassy. To the right of the box to tick for 'tourist visa' there was another box to which you had to tick 'one month' or 'three months'.

Have just looked at our departure cards - mine has been stamped as departure by 25th August but the departure date on my husband's has been left blank!