Pos System Recommendations

BinKata

I am opening a small restaurant and bar here in Bangkok and I would like to use a POS system.

Can anyone recommend a (relatively) inexpensive system that has sales and service/support here in Bangkok?

Thanks

If you have a reliable Internet connection, why not give a try to an online solution like Imonggo (Google it)?

There is a free monthly subscription that allows 1 user, 1,000 products (I assume enough for your bar/restaurant) and a maximum of 1,000 lines of transactions every month (maybe not enough in your case though).

We installed 3 systems in each of our restaurants here in Phuket over a year ago and they've worked faultlessly.

After undertaking extensive research of various POS systems (all of which were in my view massively overpriced) we eventually bought the software from a brit expat (lives in Phuket) who developed his own and sourced the hardware; 17" touch screen monitors, thermal printers, PCs and cash draws in BKK.

We actually closed our beach restaurant last month so we have a full working system available to sell. If you're interested PM me and I'll send you the full software and hardware specification.