Pete Doherty In Thailand For Drug Rehabilitation

Buchholz

Doherty back in rehab

The Libertines frontman flew to Thailand to cure his addiction to heroin and crack cocaine. A statement on the singer's official website read: "Peter has left the building, well not quite, more the country, on his way to rehab in Thailand.

"He left Heathrow last night and will have arrived in Thailand this morning. We wish him well. He has plans to continue working on his new songs for the album which is eagerly awaited."

Pete - who had a tumultuous relationship with supermodel Kate Moss between 2005 and 2007 - has a long-standing history of drug addiction. He has been to rehab numerous times, checking into a clinic in Thailand in 2003, rehab in north London's Southgate area in 2006 and Clouds House rehab in Wiltshire in 2007.

Continues:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/access-all-areas/14073184/doherty-back-in-rehab/

The West Australian - June 28, 2012

For his sake, I hope he stays clean while here. He would be set for a long stint of rehabilitation in the monkey house if he relapses and gets caught in possession. Either that, or it would a very profitable day for the BiB if he gets a chance to buy his way out of it.

The BiB are probably watching like hawks at the prospect of a big pay day and/or a high profile bust. If it did happen, I'd personally piss myself laughing, the bloke is a pr1ck.

Edited by LucidLucifer
  • Like 1

Wonder if Thailand is the right country for a rehab. Plenty af drugs available here.

Likely why he chose to come here.

And also some excellent drug rehab programs, many people travel here after trying expensive alternatives in the west with little or no success.

Edited by skybluestu

Wonder if Thailand is the right country for a rehab. Plenty af drugs available here.

There are drugs available everywhere. He clearly isn't having a problem getting them at home. Thailand has a bunch of drug rehab centers, some with a different approach he might find helpful or maybe it just helps him to be in a tropical beach rather than at home.

I've never been a fan, his life has been shambolic and he's more famous for being infamous than being talented these days.

I sincerely hope this works for him, I see the effects of drug addiction every day and it's a modern day plague. It would be good to see him being famous for being talented again.

Will the real Pete Doherty please stand up? I hope so.......come on Pete. wai.gif

Ahhh why doesn't he just top himself and do everyone a favour;

1. He doesn't value his own life so no loss to him
  2. Everything he has ever done will be worth more after he is dead
  3. the only positive role model a drug head can be if they refuse to quit is when they are dead; a lesson in not taking drugs. Or you will die.

That's about it. Let's have a whip round and send him of to Dignitas - he can fill himself with a drug after which will make him famous for ever, pentobarbital and pineapple juice. Parrrtyyy skag head.

Edited by Pseudolus

Ahhh why doesn't he just top himself and do everyone a favour;

1. He doesn't value his own life so no loss to him
  2. Everything he has ever done will be worth more after he is dead
  3. the only positive role model a drug head can be if they refuse to quit is when they are dead; a lesson in not taking drugs. Or you will die.

That's about it. Let's have a whip round and send him of to Dignitas - he can fill himself with a drug after which will make him famous for ever, pentobarbital and pineapple juice. Parrrtyyy skag head.

Because we need poets to bear people like you.

I named my spare bedroom ..... Big Johnney's overflow room ...... I would imagine just like other services it's not to terribly hard to find qualified people to tell people to stop drinking and send them to meetings ! I am oftentimes suprised those kinds even come to the resorts or Hotels here , but they do.

I named my spare bedroom ..... Big Johnney's overflow room ...... I would imagine just like other services it's not to terribly hard to find qualified people to tell people to stop drinking and send them to meetings ! I am oftentimes suprised those kinds even come to the resorts or Hotels here , but they do.

Not something to be so cavalier about; a proper intensive rehab is a bit more than that, starting with medical supervision of physical withdrawal symptoms, which can be life-threatening for some of the most poisonous toxins like alcohol. Only when the body's hurts have settled down can the counseling be productive.

Regular 12-step meetings are fine for maintenance, or for those whose bottoms aren't too low (as in "you have to hit bottom before you're really ready to quit").

Of course many can't afford it, so they make do with as many meetings per day then can get to, but this requires a major metro area - I think even in Bangkok you'd be hard pressed to make it to more than 15 per week.

Then again many don't make it in any case, a moment of silence for the hundreds of thousands died awful early deaths from substance abuse.

I still think it's not especially hard to find qualified people in Thailand ......... And I knew all that , basicly you would get a valium a day for 3 days and supervision ...... not all that complex or hard to find people qualified to make it happen.

I would aslo point out many people stop all by themselves without AA , treatment or anything else. Yes even real addicts can decide all by themselves to stop and get it done , it's just harder and a lower rate of sucsess . even most "treatment" doesn't work the first couple or even few times and almost never the first.

It's not rocket science it's adiction treatment.

Edited by MrRealDeal

And also some excellent drug rehab programs, many people travel here after trying expensive alternatives in the west with little or no success.

I'm sure you're right. But, if the individual have not 'programed' his mind to stop, there is little help available. One can't stop smoking, drinking, taking drugs just because other people says it's not good for you. This is a thing you have to work out yourself.

• Like 1

I'm sure you're right. But, if the individual have not 'programed' his mind to stop, there is little help available. One can't stop smoking, drinking, taking drugs just because other people says it's not good for you. This is a thing you have to work out yourself.

One of the things I respect about AA .... they know full well the amount of money you throw at the problem has nothing to do with the rate or recidivisim or relapse I guess you call it in this case.

However I would rather be in the hot tub at the Betty Ford clinic than doing it in a prision cell or at my local Indian reservation clinic.

Edited by MrRealDeal

Let's hope the Thais are so impressed by Docherty that they want to keep him. It gets tiring reading of his multiple escapades from UK law. If anyone else had been in court as many times as him they'd have been locked up by now.

• Like 1

No idea who the patient is, but I'd be very interested to learn of rehab programmes here of sufficient quality to attract international celebs.

They don't give out names of patients, but there have been several western articles/TV programmes over the years concerning such places as the monastery where treatment is harsh, so the places are hardly unknown in the western world.

Doherty tried once before in Thailand but dropped out - the only way his name was revealed is because a UK scumsheet tabloid made a story out of it about the "hellish" conditions; typical tabloid sensationalism, as it it is for these conditions that patients attend in the hope of being cured.

If you don't know who Doherty is, don't waste your time checking him out - he isn't worth it mate; more famous for being a junkie and shagging Kate Moss than his music.

They don't give out names of patients, but there have been several western articles/TV programmes over the years concerning such places as the monastery where treatment is harsh, so the places are hardly unknown in the western world.

Doherty tried once before in Thailand but dropped out - the only way his name was revealed is because a UK scumsheet tabloid made a story out of it about the "hellish" conditions; typical tabloid sensationalism, as it it is for these conditions that patients attend in the hope of being cured.

You say "the monastery" - is there really only one?

And if so, any specific pointers would be appreciated.

As well as to the more usual western-style place, not necessarily plush but for someone that's never been exposed to third-world conditions. . .

If you don't know who Doherty is, don't waste your time checking him out - he isn't worth it mate; more famous for being a junkie and shagging Kate Moss than his music.

No worries, zero interest in any aspect of professional sport, little more in other aspects of pop culture, only thing I know about Kate Moss is some kerfuffle about anorexia a long time ago, no idea what she even looks like.

As well as to the more usual western-style place, not necessarily plush but for someone that's never been exposed to third-world conditions. . .

No worries, zero interest in any aspect of professional sport, little more in other aspects of pop culture, only thing I know about Kate Moss is some kerfuffle about anorexia a long time ago, no idea what she even looks like.

BJ - I remember the temple that was featured in a UK documentary some years ago, and apparently the most famous, was in Saraburi, so our old friend Google can help you. The temple has a chequered history, but the programme makers were impressed with the rehab results. And you should be able to find others. But the inmates have to be determined - and tough!

Never heard of any western-orientated places here, but it isn't a subject that I take an interest in so there could well be some.

Good luck with your search.

As for Kate Moss - skinny bird, filthy rich, famous for being well into drugs. Her nostrils are probably the largest part of her body.

BJ - I remember the temple that was featured in a UK documentary some years ago, and apparently the most famous, was in Saraburi, so our old friend Google can help you. The temple has a chequered history, but the programme makers were impressed with the rehab results. And you should be able to find others. But the inmates have to be determined - and tough!

Never heard of any western-orientated places here, but it isn't a subject that I take an interest in so there could well be some.

Good luck with your search.

As for Kate Moss - skinny bird, filthy rich, famous for being well into drugs. Her nostrils are probably the largest part of her body.

The British National Health Service used to send people to wat tham grabok in Saraburi.

There are a few Western style rehabs - the most famous and expensive being in Kanchanaburi.

There are drugs available everywhere. He clearly isn't having a problem getting them at home. Thailand has a bunch of drug rehab centers, some with a different approach he might find helpful or maybe it just helps him to be in a tropical beach rather than at home.

a member here used to run a very expensive treatment center.

It all went tits up for him when someone (i believe it was Drummond) got video of him smoking meth in a Bangkok hotel room. I

quality.

http://andrew-drummond.com/2010/11/07/exposed-high-on-ice-thai-rehab-bossdrugs-therapist/

Edited by tinfoilhat