Thailand To Burn Illicit Drugs Worth Bt6.9 Billion

webfact

FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION

FDA to burn illicit drugs worth Bt6.9 billion

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will on Friday burn nearly three tonnes of illicit drugs confiscated during police raids with a street value of Bt6.9 billion.

Winai Monthapong, legal advisor of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board said the agency is set to incinerate a total of 2,755kg of narcotics confiscated in 1,023 cases at the Bang Pa-in industrial estate in Ayutthaya at 2pm.

He was speaking after inspecting 33 random samples of seized drugs at an FDA warehouse.

Among the drugs to be destroyed are 1,936kg of methamphetamine worth Bt6.45 billion, 147kg of crystal methamphetamine worth Bt433 million and 58kg of heroin worth Bt41 million.

He conceded there is a huge backlog of pending cases in the courts with a massive amount of seized narcotics, which cannot yet be destroyed.

If a suspect pleads guilty, each trial can finish within two months otherwise it can be prolonged for one or two years. The faster the trials are processes, the sooner the seized drugs can be destroyed, Winai noted.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-28

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand to destroy almost 3 tonnes of illegal drugs Friday

image_2012062813363631CE3D8E-9253-EB2C-5E8B1342A2C29E05.jpg

BANGKOK, June 28 – Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will burn 2,755kg – nearly three tonnes -- of illegal drugs with a street value of Bt6.9 billion on Friday.

After inspecting 33 random samples of seized drugs at an FDA warehouse, Winai Monthapong, legal advisor of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board said the agency is set to incinerate a total of 2,755kg of narcotics confiscated in 1,023 cases at the Bang Pa-in industrial estate in Ayutthaya at 2pm.

The drugs to be destroyed include 1,936kg of methamphetamine worth Bt6.45 billion, 147kg crystal methamphetamine worth Bt433 million and 58kg of heroin worth Bt41 million.

He conceded there is a huge backlog of pending cases in the courts with a massive amount of seized narcotics which cannot yet be destroyed.

If a suspect pleads guilty, each trial can finish within two months otherwise it can be prolonged for one or two years. The faster the trial processes are, the sooner the seized drugs can be destroyed, Mr Winai said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-06-28

They should taint the drugs with some really nasty shit that causes death, and then release it into the general population with massive warnings everywhere about what they have done. Therefore, anyone buying drugs will never quite know for sure if their next childish little kick will be their last. In fact, they would actually have to do it, just say so. Wonder how quickly drug taking would decline then especially from all the weekend warrior coke sniffers.

In a country obsessed with faith, its surprising that there is no moral compass...

Your own words, read them in the context of your opening post on this thread.

• Like 1

They should taint the drugs with some really nasty shit that causes death, and then release it into the general population with massive warnings everywhere about what they have done. Therefore, anyone buying drugs will never quite know for sure if their next childish little kick will be their last. In fact, they would actually have to do it, just say so. Wonder how quickly drug taking would decline then especially from all the weekend warrior coke sniffers.

Won't you trip when your Mom keels?

• Like 1

Nice haul, Sorry for those who like drugs. 555

Shouldn't be sorry at all. So much death and destruction in the world just because these <deleted> like to have a little thrill. Stuff em!

Nah, I'm not sorry, note my laugh 555 as someones drugs get burnt. I like your idea too, the sacrifices a few make will benefit others down the line, maybe even my own kids.

Hard as it may sound, I only care about 4 people on this planet.

• Like 2

Shouldn't be sorry at all. So much death and destruction in the world just because these <deleted> like to have a little thrill. Stuff em!

Nah, I'm not sorry, note my laugh 555 as someones drugs get burnt. I like your idea too, the sacrifices a few make will benefit others down the line, maybe even my own kids.

I'm sure your kids will really thank you when they start experimenting with drugs and drop dead because some psychotic thought it would be a good idea to poison them... anyone harbouring these sorts of archaic views should be sterilised, the thought of you raising children makes me shudder. My sympathies to your wife and children.

• Like 2

I'm sure your kids will really thank you when they start experimenting with drugs and drop dead because some psychotic thought it would be a good idea to poison them... anyone harbouring these sorts of archaic views should be sterilised, the thought of you raising children makes me shudder. My sympathies to your wife and children.

People who chose drugs poison themselves. who carers, they're only junkies anyways. Do we need them?

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong. I like simple ideas and simple people.

• Like 1

Ha Ha I nearly forgot what I was going to post after reading the replies. It was so serious with so many insults and threats actually got entertaining.

The poster who's Idea was to poson the drugs-then warn, Ha Ha. the other one that was insulted was going to kick his <deleted> BOLL###Ks in.

The first one had some idea about the way you can get rid of drugs in 1 week-take note government-Ha Ha---but really crazy.

What I really wanted to post was---did they burn them all?????? mmmnn.I wonder. but good anyway.

Wow! First things first....it's "Diet Coke Head"!

Second: "slippy-flippy's, jelly stingers, trick sticks, bing bangs and flying willards"...are you even willing to be talked down?

Third: "non full time junkies"....is that less than 40/hrs. per week?

Drugs suck! Even damo's glass of red can suck! But poison people? Murder? (it is murder)

• Like 1

Wow! First things first....it's "Diet Coke Head"!

Second: "slippy-flippy's, jelly stingers, trick sticks, bing bangs and flying willards"...are you even willing to be talked down?

Third: "non full time junkies"....is that less than 40/hrs. per week?

Drugs suck! Even damo's glass of red can suck! But poison people? Murder? (it is murder)

lol It's not murder. They have a choice.

"Heh Mamypoko, tonight whilst you are drinking your beers (or diet cola) would you like to liven things up a little? I have a gun with a round in one of the chambers - go on give it a click; it will be fun; do it once, you will want to do it again"

How is that murder? It's not.

non full time = those not dependent upon; therefore those with a modicum of choice in taking the drugs.

mmm flying willards. Sounds great actually :)

Edited by Pseudolus
  • Like 1

What a childish idea... ermm.gif

Why? Lower the demand, supply will dwindle. Simple economics and not childish at all. Unless it is OK for thousands of lives to be ruined so a bunch of brainless nerks can get off their tits of a weekend.

• Like 1

Why? Lower the demand, supply will dwindle. Simple economics and not childish at all. Unless it is OK for thousands of lives to be ruined so a bunch of brainless nerks can get off their tits of a weekend.

do you drink alcohol?

• Like 1

do you drink alcohol?

Sometimes - but the argument smack heads and dope fiends use to justify their drug taking along alcohol, caffeine, tobacco route holds as much as much water as Yinglucks flood prevention schemes. It is fatally flawed when you are using it against someone who thinks that you should be able to anything to yourself you so chose to on the basis that it does not harm anyone else. Couldn't care less if you want to get smashed out of your skulls on crack, coke, dope, slippy-flippy's, jelly stingers, trick sticks, bing bangs or flying willards same as if I want to drink 14 bottles of gin thats nobodies business butmy own. However, my bottle of gin has not left a trail of death and destruction just for it to be in my hands where as the drugs that people are soooooo willing to support, do.

do you drink alcohol?

Whats that got to do with anything, 99% of the planet does or would if they can/could, but we all go to work the next day. smile.png

do you drink alcohol?

Sometimes - but the argument smack heads and dope fiends use to justify their drug taking along alcohol, caffeine, tobacco route holds as much as much water as Yinglucks flood prevention schemes. It is fatally flawed when you are using it against someone who thinks that you should be able to anything to yourself you so chose to on the basis that it does not harm anyone else. Couldn't care less if you want to get smashed out of your skulls on crack, coke, dope, slippy-flippy's, jelly stingers, trick sticks, bing bangs or flying willards same as if I want to drink 14 bottles of gin thats nobodies business butmy own. However, my bottle of gin has not left a trail of death and destruction just for it to be in my hands where as the drugs that people are soooooo willing to support, do.

"Sometimes"

well pipe down about brainless nerks getting off their tits of a weekend then.

thank you.

"However, my bottle of gin has not left a trail of death and destruction just for it to be in my hands where as the drugs that people are soooooo willing to support, do. "

bahahaha!

• Like 2