Found A Good Solution For Thai - Eng Dictionary On Mac

ajw1982

Hi,

I know there's a lot of good online dictionaries, but wanted a go to when offline. Not so many options for mac, searched this forum and a found a few options but not what I wanted... then stumbled across this link:

http://www.mactail.com/how-to/macos/how-to-install-thai-dictionary-into-dictionary-app/

Good solution. Apologies if someone has already posted this. Hope it's useful for some.

PS You do need to be able to read Thai script to use this dictionary.

Thanks for the link, it's similar but not exactly the same as an older Thai Dictionaries link I've been using that I got from this forum.

So anyway, I can now use both at the same time. You can never have too many Dictionaries as no single one seems to have everything

you look for.

I use talking Thai from paiboon publishing.

Has a speaking Thai and English function for pronunciation and both phonetic and Thai script entries with the English definitions.

A bit expensive but good.

• Like 1

Has a speaking Thai and English function for pronunciation and both phonetic and Thai script entries with the English definitions.

A bit expensive but good.t want it on that

What sort of gadget do you run it on? Last time I checked there were no plans for an Apple version. I'm not buying any more

stuff from a discriminatory outfit like Paiboon, unless they make an Apple version.

What sort of gadget do you run it on? Last time I checked there were no plans for an Apple version. I'm not buying any more

stuff from a discriminatory outfit like Paiboon, unless they make an Apple version.

Runs on my iPad and iPhone.

Yeah. Got this on my iPhone (it is great!), but needed something on the mac to refer to when typing text messages on my phone!

Yeah. Got this on my iPhone (it is great!), but needed something on the mac to refer to when typing text messages on my phone!

Use an emulator? I think paiboon has a pc version as well

A bit expensive but good.

Yes, I have the hard copy of this dictionary and versions of the talking dictionary on both my desktop and iPad. Excellent and not dependent on being always connected to the Internet.

• 1 year later...