Looking For Hotel In Bkk Under 800 Baht Or Close To

ozzieman05

I am arriving in Bkk 2nd week of July and all my usual places I stay have increased there prices by as much as 30%

Can anyone please tell me of a good place to stay under 1000 baht a night....... Near to transport

I need wifi internet and a pool would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

You can try around the river end of Surawongse road (bangrak). Plenty of hotels (some with pools) in the 600-1000 b range depending on size of room. You will have to put up with Africans and Indians milling around in the lobby and corridors.

If you want to mingle with well healed whiteys then its back to Sukhumvit rd and pricey rooms. mai pen rai

There's a bunch of places on Soi Kasemsan 1 that are pretty good, only 1 has a pool and I think it's a bit over 1000B, but I haven't stayed there in quite some time. Reno.

The other nice one there is Wendy House, or Pathumwan House. Again, not sure of the prices. Have you tried tripadvisor or hostels.com?

rolleyes.gif Do a Google or Yahoo search on the subject "Hotel rooms in Bangkok under 1000 Baht" and you will get quite a few hits.

Read through them carefully and pick the one's that seem reasonable until you find what you think is the best choice.

You may be surprised at the selection you find, especially from say 700 Baht to 1000 Baht nightly.

So pick and choose wisely...and yes you can stay on Sukhumvit Road, reasonably close to the BTS (elevated trains) for 750 Baht per night...it's on Soi 50.

BUt just go look for whatever seems best to you.

rolleyes.gif

Agoda.com....Miami hotel on Sukhumvit has a pool and reasonably priced. If you can give up a pool....a couple places on Suk Soi 7/1 offer decent rooms with Wifi for around 900 right under the Nana BTS and near a 24 hour Subway sandwich shop.

look out girls the big spenders in town, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, or should it be lucks out girls,,,lol

Sorry to say my thai wife, who will be with me, has a boot for your where you sit

She is the one that thinks anything over 1000 baht is to expensive

Believe that the Honey Hotel in Soi 19 is still around 800 bt inc breaki/pool.

Also agree with your wife on costs...

I stayed at that place on recommendations given here. I do not second them. Honey House 2 is much better.

Hotel 27, Sukhumwit soi 22. Walk form Suk. ~ 150m, the second sub-soi on the L/east side, walk 50m down there and you can see H27. Used to be 350B/night - all you get is a window-less concrete box with double bed, aircon, cable TV, hot water ensuite, daily service. 7/11 back at Suk, food/grog 24hr/day on the soi or in-house. AA

Try Sawadee.com

I recently stayed at the Bangkok City Hotel at Ratchathewi, nice rooms, good breakfast, pool and 5 min walk to the skytrain. 1050 a night but well worth it to be 'out of town'

I stayed at Imm Fusion on Sukhumvit rd for 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago. 999 per night incl bfast for 2 and pool. i thought it was a great hotel (for the price) and 2 mins from on Nut E9 skytrain great decor, great staff.

Agoda is offering the IMM Fusion for 849 baht.

http://www.agoda.co....mvit_hotel.html

Plus 150 Baht service charge and tax. That's 999,- Baht if my calculator works.

Yermanee wai.gif

You can try Nasa Vegas on Ramkhamhaeng Rd. http://www.nasavegashotel.com/new/en_nasa_front_hotel_detail.asp?h_id=1 A friend just stayed there last week for about USD12/night (under 400THB). Best deal in town. But you might want to check the review. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1022910-Reviews-Nasa_Vegas_Hotel-Bangkok.html

FX Makkasan hotel on phetburi road. 900 a night with breakfast. Not near any eating places or bars or shopping. But two mins walk to subway and a few mins further is the makkasan airport link line