True Sold By Condo

aneliane

Last year I was in a condo for 6 months.

I subscribed a 6 months contract with True through the help of my condo from Feb to August, as it was a shorter deal I even paid 1700 THB on top to buy the modem.

In august when the contract was up, I decided to signed up for another 6 months.

I then moved out in Jan 2012.

Now True is telling me this "6 months contract" never existed and the only existing thing is a 12 months contract, they just don't do 6 months, and apparently mine is 12 months I signed in August, and they have no record whatsoever of a previous 6 months contract.

So now True is asking me 599 x 6 months for the remaining months of the contract.

I did pay for 12 months and was in good faith, and paid extra for modem

I know I should have looked at the 2nd contract I signed (in thai) but who does ?

I know I should have kept my old contract and bills but I did a big cleaning when I moved out and threw them away.

Anyway I don't want to pay

I have been with 3BB for 6 months now and am happy with them

What would be the consequences if I decided not to pay ?

Thank you

Edited by aneliane

If that is the case then I seriously doubt if True ever saw any of the money collected from you for the "six months " of service

What do you mean ?

I was paying my bill through regular way, I received them and paid to the 7/11. I don't understand how they don't have a trace of that, and me I got rid of every old bill when I moved.

Is there a way on my computer to trace my ISP use of the last 12 months ?

If I can prove I was using True 12 months ago that would help

cheers

I have my own Condo in Jomtien Beach with a UBC/ True Visions deal.

I usually stay each year from October through the UK Winter until March or April the following year. When I was leaving in April last I phoned True Vision Office in BKK and asked them if it would be possible to freeze my contract without charges until 1st October, 2012. I am on the 'Gold' Plan.

"No problem" they said "just let us know when you arrive back in Thailand and we will re-start it for you". I did that at the time my 6 month invoice arrived and I think that's where you may be getting confused. There is a deal that if you pay in advance 6 (or 12) months you get one (or two) months free but it is still a 12 month 'contract' if I recall correctly.

Any use ?

If that is the case then I seriously doubt if True ever saw any of the money collected from you for the "six months " of service

What do you mean ?

I was paying my bill through regular way, I received them and paid to the 7/11. I don't understand how they don't have a trace of that, and me I got rid of every old bill when I moved.

cheers

In one post you say you dealt through your condo manager, in another you state you dealt directly with True, which one is it ?

If directly with True then why mention the condo manager, if through the condo manager then my post above still stands

But let's cut to the chase.

What will happen if you don't pay True for the remaining 6 months on your contract, which you no longer have,? Nothing, but hope that you never move to another condo where True is the only ISP, since then you will not get service until you satisfy your bill

Postmaster, there is a difference between True as a TV provider and True as a Internet provider. I know of no Internet Service Provider in Thailand that will "suspend" your Internet service for a protacted length of time

What do you mean ?

cheers

In one post you say you dealt through your condo manager, in another you state you dealt directly with True, which one is it ?

If directly with True then why mention the condo manager, if through the condo manager then my post above still stands

But let's cut to the chase.

What will happen if you don't pay True for the remaining 6 months on your contract, which you no longer have,? Nothing, but hope that you never move to another condo where True is the only ISP, since then you will not get service until you satisfy your bill

Postmaster, there is a difference between True as a TV provider and True as a Internet provider. I know of no Internet Service Provider in Thailand that will "suspend" your Internet service for a protacted length of time

Where did I say I dealt directly with True?

No I did not deal with True the condo gave me these 6 months contracts that True has never done.

So nothing happens if I don't pay ? ...I this from experience or just an assumption ?

cheers

If i read correct you did paid for 12 month? first feb-aug and then you did 6 month more aug -jan?? so you done 12 month and you say you paid to 7/11?

Now they say that you did not pay for the last 6 month?And the condomanager only helped you with the contract?you never gave him money to pay?but you always paid bill to 7/11?Very strange but if you dont have any recipie its hard to show.Of course it shold be in there database?Well like some one said the only thing that happens is that you can not open any thing with true until you paid the old bills.

If i read correct you did paid for 12 month? first feb-aug and then you did 6 month more aug -jan?? so you done 12 month and you say you paid to 7/11?

Now they say that you did not pay for the last 6 month?And the condomanager only helped you with the contract?you never gave him money to pay?but you always paid bill to 7/11?Very strange but if you dont have any recipie its hard to show.Of course it shold be in there database?Well like some one said the only thing that happens is that you can not open any thing with true until you paid the old bills.

The last 6 months I have been in my new house, using 3BB, I did not know my contract with True was still running.

True says that they just don't do 6 months contract

My condo has changed manager twice since, and they did not keep any record.

So I was told 6 months, but cannot prove it.

Edited by aneliane

Just learn the lesson and settle your bill like a responsible adult.

What would be responsible in paying for something I never wanted, was not aware of and never used ?

Edited by aneliane

Personal attack on a poster has been removed also quoted replies.

I would suggest a certain member re read the rules and in particular the following:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.