Selling A Ford Fiesta S

yakster

Any tips/advice for selling a 2011 Ford Fiesta? It only has 5,500 km on the clock and is just 6 months old. Is there a used car tax? Any other special rules? Oh, car is in my wife's name, and she is a Thai citizen. We got it for her while she was doing her research, but she managed to finish up early so it is really no longer needed. Can you offer it at a cost and new owner takes over/ pays off loan? Thanks very much for any help.

Any tips/advice for selling a 2011 Ford Fiesta? It only has 5,500 km on the clock and is just 6 months old. Is there a used car tax? Any other special rules? Oh, car is in my wife's name, and she is a Thai citizen. We got it for her while she was doing her research, but she managed to finish up early so it is really no longer needed. Can you offer it at a cost and new owner takes over/ pays off loan? Thanks very much for any help.

Your thai wife should know. It is very common for people to take over finance. You decide how much you want. Then they take over payments.

How much do you want and how many / how much payments?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Thanks for the advice. We've not lived here for several years, so the car thing is new to us both. We'd basically like to get the deposit back, which is 170,000. There are 40 payments of 12,000 left so new person gets a car with 5,500 km for 650,000 instead of 700,000.

I could order a new Fiesta for 700,000 and get a full years

insurance, full warranty, plus 10,000 worth of extras thrown in,

worth in total around 30,000.. .think you are going to have

to take a bigger hit.

Edited by dick turpin

to take a bigger hit.

And they just hade a model change. The new fiesta just came out as a new model 2012, so the price for the older model will drop right now.

thanks stingray/dick. Taken on board. I do think the warrenty will transfer with the car as will the insurance etc. If not, then that'll be a factor to take into account.

thanks stingray/dick. Taken on board. I do think the warrenty will transfer with the car as will the insurance etc. If not, then that'll be a factor to take into account.

They will both transfer, but my point was that you will have

taken up six months worth of both, unlike on a new motor.

Assume you are talking about the 1.5 which is selling well

because it falls within the government rebate scheme, but

by the same token that means Somchai has to buy a new

motor to qualify.

If you or you wife are in Thailand suggest you go and have

a chat with the Ford showroom, they might come up with a

suggestion to resolve. It might help if you could pay off the

finance, that at least would get you three years interest

back, then go for a cash sale..

to take a bigger hit.

Agree that if you look at the 650k baht as a cash price then it's way too high. But if someone wants (and is able) to take over the payments then the 650k would include the financing costs, which might make it worth it to some people. If you bought the new Fiesta for 700k on finance, the total price including financing costs would be much higher than 700k (unless you can get zero percent or very low interest rate), and it's the total you should compare with the 650k, not just the sales price.

If a cash buyer would want to buy the car, the OP should be able to get back (some of) the remaining interest, which would make the price less than 650k.

That said, I have no idea what would be a reasonable price for the car.

Sophon

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

to take a bigger hit.

Agree that if you look at the 650k baht as a cash price then it's way too high. But if someone wants (and is able) to take over the payments then the 650k would include the financing costs, which might make it worth it to some people. If you bought the new Fiesta for 700k on finance, the total price including financing costs would be much higher than 700k (unless you can get zero percent or very low interest rate), and it's the total you should compare with the 650k, not just the sales price.

If a cash buyer would want to buy the car, the OP should be able to get back (some of) the remaining interest, which would make the price less than 650k.

That said, I have no idea what would be a reasonable price for the car.

Sophon

Sophon

Are there not also additional costs incurred when you transfer finance? I believe (given the Fiesta is the older model and given the costs involved and the lower resale value of Ford in Thailand) that the OP will need to take a harder hit than he expects. A way to have a feel for the price is to look on www.thaicar.com or www.one2car.com.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I would value it at 550,000 baht to 575,000 baht tops

So take off the figure you owe to the finance company and the figure left over (if any)

you would receive back in CASH

40 payments of 12,000 baht is 480,000 baht so you should try to get back 70,000 baht up to 95,000 baht maximum

Edited by PoolHustler

Thanks much for the feedback everyone. I've looked at the second hand sites suggested and been to the bank, which also gave some good advice so you'll see it posted for sale soon. Cheers.