July 4, 2012 (American Independence Day)--Anything Going On?

thinkingman

Why would there be anything going on...last time I checked, Pattaya was in Thailand? The numerous thai religious and government holidays are enough to deal with, why would anyone want to slather on the American ones as well.

Oh please. Why do French expats celebrate Bastille Day?

The Venue Cabaret, Jomtien is doing a special July 4th show. I hear there will be free hot dogs.

post-37101-0-37005300-1341386088_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

My old Tex Mex boss a few years back asked me "What y'all doing for the holidays?" He meant Thanksgiving.

He was surprised to learn that the rest of the planet does not give a flying fart. Especially in Scotland.

He was an idiot then, eh?

Makes me think of a young classmate of mine long ago. When she was confronted with the fact that there are many countries in the world and that there are big parts of the world where people do not speak English, she had a mental breakdown. She just couldn't accept it!

Tequila Reef near Central is doing something but the description on their website is very brief and didnt even include the price. Mexican isnt really my cup of tea anyway.

I'm sure there were a lot more special meals and parties advertised for July 4 last year.

Happy holiday anyway to all US nationals.

Why would there be anything going on...last time I checked, Pattaya was in Thailand? The numerous thai religious and government holidays are enough to deal with, why would anyone want to slather on the American ones as well.

The Venue Cabaret, Jomtien is doing a special July 4th show. I hear there will be free hot dogs.

theres a joke in there somewhere laugh.png

Brilliant smile.png the yanks think they are so important pff

You two seem to be too negative and missing this guy's point. Most viewers on this forum would assume the question is made by an American who is wondering if there are any "4th of July" celebrations going on in any of the privately owned (Americdan) bars/ restaurants around town. Of course he isn't expecting a "national" holiday in Thailand. I suppose you don't expect Christmas to be celebrated by any of the restaurants in town in this Buddhist country?

• Like 1

It may sound like a joke but I really heard there will be free hot dogs. In case you hadn't heard, hot dogs are normally not free in Thailand.

It may sound like a joke but I really heard there will be free hot dogs. In case you hadn't heard, hot dogs are normally not free in Thailand.

honestly I wouldn't know anything about that....cheesy.gif