Buffalo Races

CeeGee

Last year I went to Mabprachan Reservoir Pattaya in August for the races.

Great! How were they?

I enjoyed, but the only downer was that it was a scorcher of a day with limited cover. Everyone got broiled...

The races consisted of 3 or 4 buffaloes sprinting down a 120m straight (my estimate) with a rider on back. Additionally, they had a few races of buffalo vs horse which was interesting as the race length was a lot shorter and some horse vs horse races.

Overall it was a good day.

Last year I went to Mabprachan Reservoir Pattaya in August for the races.

Great! How were they?

I enjoyed, but the only downer was that it was a scorcher of a day with limited cover. Everyone got broiled...

The races consisted of 3 or 4 buffaloes sprinting down a 120m straight (my estimate) with a rider on back. Additionally, they had a few races of buffalo vs horse which was interesting as the race length was a lot shorter and some horse vs horse races.

Overall it was a good day.

Yes, good fun - another problem is with traffic, parking is a nightmare the times i have been there, same with the long boats.

If you're talking about stupid Thai Drivers, They Are Every Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid thai drivers everyday - correct.

But at any sort of event ( particularly SSCC rd ) parking is a disaster, even getting there is a disaster, that road is terrible. It's a shame as it's quite nice up there near the reservoir.

Yes, good fun another problem is with traffic, parking is a nightmare the times i have been there, same with the long boats.

Don't understand: they organize a big park area near the lake. Hundreds of motorbikes there. And at the left of the buffalo race area is a large area where you can park it to. Easy.

• 1 month later...

The Pattaya City Expats club usually runs a visit there with reserved seats in the stands with large fans. I went with them last year and we really got VIP treatment and free buses/lunch all from TAT. Forget the dates though but you can subscribe to their newsletter so you will be in the know on this and other current events.