Thai Baht Back Strong But Challenges Remain

A number of you clearly didn't study math(s) at school as you don't seem to be able to grasp it whatsoever. Of course something can depreciate more than 100% relative to something else.

You are making the mistake of treating the currency against ITSELF whereby it CANNOT depreciate more than 100% ie: when it becomes worthless - I accept this being the case.

Relative depreciation of a currency against A DIFERENT currency CAN be by MORE than 100% (as I have shown in my examples)!!! You must treat the first quoted figures as being comparative 100% units and any movement in either direction by the equivalent amount treated in the same way!!!

You might find this hard to believe, but I remember back in 1997 one baht was equal to 100 satang. Of course that was in the days before – as you said- a currency could depreciate against itself !

Now I wonder why shops don’t change all the prices to satang instead of baht ?

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 2

A number of you clearly didn't study math(s) at school as you don't seem to be able to grasp it whatsoever. Of course something can depreciate more than 100% relative to something else.

You are making the mistake of treating the currency against ITSELF whereby it CANNOT depreciate more than 100% ie: when it becomes worthless - I accept this being the case.

Relative depreciation of a currency against A DIFERENT currency CAN be by MORE than 100% (as I have shown in my examples)!!! You must treat the first quoted figures as being comparative 100% units and any movement in either direction by the equivalent amount treated in the same way!!!

You might find this hard to believe, but I remember back in 1997 one baht was equal to 100 satang. Of course that was in the days before – as you said- a currency could depreciate against itself !

Ooh, risky. You don't want to get involved in the volatile baht - satang market. You could get your fingers burnt. There are rooms full of traders just sitting with thousands of bags full of 50 satang pieces waiting for the baht to devalue.

Ooh, risky. You don't want to get involved in the volatile baht - satang market. You could get your fingers burnt. There are rooms full of traders just sitting with thousands of bags full of 50 satang pieces waiting for the baht to devalue.

cheesy.gif