Tiger Air Cancel Their 1 July Seair Flight - Next Day No Seats

Warning. I was a supporter of Tiger / SEAAir BUT...

Booked to fly out Sunday 1st. Got to airport and flight cancelled. No advance notice on my mobile by either a phonecall or SMS.

Put in Hotel overnight for free, but the hotel was in the middle of what seemed like an industrial estate, so nothing to do. They provided Supper, Breakfast and Lunch (That was the best meal).

Turns out there were also people from the previous day's cancelled or overbooked flight, so 2 coachloads of people set off for Suvarnabhumi.

Got there to find there were only 17 spare seats on the plane, and they were loading women and children's groups first.

There was a guy in the queue who had only booked his ticket 4 hours ago, but as confirmed ticket, he would be able to fly that day.

There was a lot of shouting (mostly from Westerners) who wanted onward connections. Most the Thais and Filipinos looked dejected but accepting, and wait their turn (This is Asia). There was no offered accommodation after the first night (Which is required by International Aviation Law).

There is no flight on Tuesdays, so next flight is Wednesday and there were only 28 seats available on that flight.

I decided to go back home and try flying another day, as only a holiday for me.

WARNING: There were too many to get on that flight by those who were waiting, yet when I got home, they were still offering seats on that flight on their on-line booking website.

Looking at their website, Tiger / SEAir operate A319's on that route with a capacity of 144 passenger per plane. (There are are 33 aircraft in Tiger group, inc 2 A319 for SEAir)

Edited by grahamhc

• 1 month later...