Do People Here Ever Take A Holiday...?

hotandhumid

Yes, that's a holiday NOT 'vacation'

I ask this question because on the daily 'how much do you live on a month' threads I NEVER see anyone list expenses for holidays.

Do tv folk stay at home 365 days a year, or do you ever take a holiday, or is it a case of 'well I'm on holiday anyway as such so I don't have the inclination to go elsewhere and be away from my creature comforts'??

For example, if you live in bkk, would you go down to phuket or samui or the like? would you take a weekend in chiang mai? or anywhere come to that, or do you refuse to spend money on flights and hotels and never take in a holiday?

H&H

Edited by hotandhumid

I often load up the bike and do a weekend of driving to places ive never seen before

not as much as id like to becaiuse the businesses i am involved in are paying well at

the moment but it may not always be that way so better to "make hay while the sun shines "

as they say

hopefully il have more time for holidays in future but really ,compared to europe,my life here

IS a holiday :)

I often load up the bike and do a weekend of driving to places ive never seen before

not as much as id like to becaiuse the businesses i am involved in are paying well at

the moment but it may not always be that way so better to "make hay while the sun shines "

as they say

hopefully il have more time for holidays in future but really ,compared to europe,my life here

IS a holiday smile.png

How cliched.

The wife and I just took a 4 day holiday to Koh Samui. Left the kids at home with some family members. Was a well deserved holiday indeed.

I should add that I am on the travelzoo mailing list and keep my eye out for good deals on nice places that would be good for us. You can buy the packages and they are normally good for many months. Then you just make your reservations when the time is right.

Edited by Jayman

I live in BKK and go away for the weekend on average every couple of weeks.

And every 90 days I go abroad some place new. I actually don't mind that aspect of Thai immigration law, it's a great reason to travel.

Bang on the money there my friend. It always makes me cringe when I hear someone who for example gets a retirement visa or a work permit and says 'now I never have to leave Thailand' with a huge grin etched on their faces. I find that attitude amazing, how did these people ever get away from their own countries to begin with if they are so narrow minded and only have an interest in ONE country??

I once pulled a guy up on it and asked him isn't he interested to see any other countries, he gave me a puzzled look before giving me a flat 'erh, no' for an answer. Now don't get me wrong before I hear the usual cry of 'what's it got to do with you' and 'live and let live' etc, I can see that point but it still amazes me. I would suggest there are many posters here who NEVER leave Thailand.

I also take a trip every 90 days, my last trip was to Sri Lanka, and I had a great couple of days. Looking forward to my next excursion in late August. Now where can I go....decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

The wife and I just took a 4 day holiday to Koh Samui. Left the kids at home with some family members. Was a well deserved holiday indeed.

I should add that I am on the travelzoo mailing list and keep my eye out for good deals on nice places that would be good for us. You can buy the packages and they are normally good for many months. Then you just make your reservations when the time is right.

Sounds good!

as they say

IS a holiday smile.png

How cliched.

Well ,walk a mile in my shoes ,and i doubt you would want your own life back rolleyes.gif

In my thread about retirement, I planned between one to two oversea trips a year.

Trips to do before I die :

- Safari in Africa (with a camera, no gun). I never been further south than the Algerian desert.

- Spending the night on a boat in Srinagar

- Taking the train in Peru

- Cruise in Antartica

- USA coast to coast "a la" Easy Rider

And at the very last moment watching the sun set in a Greek Island.

In my thread about retirement, I planned between one to two oversea trips a year.

- Safari in Africa (with a camera, no gun). I never been further south than the Algerian desert.

- Cruise in Antartica

laugh.png

I once rented a small farmer's house on the top of a mountain on a Greek island for a week.

In the morning I could have my breakfast outside and watch the sun rise over the ocean.

Then all day I could sit and watch the ocean with the local farmers and the fishing boats as scenery.

At night I could have dinner on the other side of the house and watch the sun set into the sea from that side.

Believe me, after 3 days of that i was bored to death.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

biggrin.png

• Like 2

we go to the beach at chantaburi a couple of times a month, thats enough for us, ive worked all over the world, brazil/africa/norway,spain/rumania/ dubai, so ive seen a lot, now its time to sit back a bit, lol,,, then im bloody here doing a short job in scotland,,lol but the money is allways welcome to buffer us up, the beach we go to is a thai beach by the way no bars just plenty of fun for the kids and me,,lol, i allways take my fishing rods with me, and no, ive never cought a bloody thing, im going to get one of thenets ive seen the locals with and catching fish,

as they say when in rome,,,lol

We live in Chiang Mai and we just took a weeks holiday in Bali, it was outstanding, in a few months we'll take another break to Hong Kong. The beauty of living here is that there are loads of really interesting and neat places that are easily and cheaply accessible if booked properly.

we go to the beach at chantaburi a couple of times a month, thats enough for us, ive worked all over the world, brazil/africa/norway,spain/rumania/ dubai, so ive seen a lot, now its time to sit back a bit, lol,,, then im bloody here doing a short job in scotland,,lol but the money is allways welcome to buffer us up, the beach we go to is a thai beach by the way no bars just plenty of fun for the kids and me,,lol, i allways take my fishing rods with me, and no, ive never cought a bloody thing, im going to get one of thenets ive seen the locals with and catching fish,

as they say when in rome,,,lol

Beats Bognor Regis on a wet weekendthumbsup.gif

We live in Chiang Mai and we just took a weeks holiday in Bali, it was outstanding, in a few months we'll take another break to Hong Kong. The beauty of living here is that there are loads of really interesting and neat places that are easily and cheaply accessible if booked properly.

You're in luck, Dragon Air just resumed direct flights Hong Kong / Chiang Mai

- Cruise in Antartica

Good bucket list that. I want to do the Antartica cruise too.

My life is a holiday.

- I enjoy my work which doesn't make it as work, more like a hobby that I get paid for.

But I want to go do all of Europe and South America. Maybe even North Korea, mate just came back from there and told me it was bizaarly an amazing experience.

I work 28/28 rotation, my time home feel like one long holiday. My mrs works full time though which restricts us going away, but we always manage a couple of nights away when I am home, even if only going down to Cha Am or Hua Hin.

yes the funniest thing is that certain TV members can live on small amounts like 30k a month or something like this and if they tell us what they spend it for it never includes holidays, travel back to the home countries and also never any purchases of electronics or other things. It is always only the monthly cost without anything else. So in my eyes that is lying to yourself.

I wrote it in this thread about monthly costs in Phuket http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/550129-monthly-cost-of-living-in-phuket/page__st__75

yes the funniest thing is that certain TV members can live on small amounts like 30k a month or something like this and if they tell us what they spend it for it never includes holidays, travel back to the home countries and also never any purchases of electronics or other things. It is always only the monthly cost without anything else. So in my eyes that is lying to yourself.

I wrote it in this thread about monthly costs in Phuket http://www.thaivisa....et/page__st__75

This is an anonymous forum in adult Disneyland.

What makes you think anyone tells the truth about anything?