JimmyTheMook

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be wrong, but I think we need more definitive proofsmile.png

And there was your proof , just google it. Or watch the videos.

Seems like propaganda to me...even the guy being interviewed sheepishly said the govt. exporting car parts was more important than producing milk; or at least not dumping it.

I remember a few years back there was a big school milk scandal that went pretty high up the ladder.

When Thailand has a fair, transparent media, then maybe I will take these things more seriously.

Anyone tried Lactasoy Soy Milk? According to tv ads, one can learn to drive a bicycle if using their products. smile.png

Anyone tried Lactasoy Soy Milk? According to tv ads, one can learn to drive a bicycle if using their products. smile.png

Can't be much good from what i've seen of the driving habits.

same with tampax. when you buy you can go running,canoeing,climbing, dancing, the lot. it says it on the packet.

now thats good value.

Finally, my stove-top Bialetti 1-cup with whipped up Foremost 0% milk, and a scrapping of fresh cinnamon over the top, makes as good a cup of coffee as I've had in any of the many tens of coffee shops around the country. It's great to be retired!

-

What coffee do you use?

For the past year I've used a variety of Aroma brand coffee.....they have about 15 different types for sale....mostly Thai beans, but some imported. Most 250g bags of beans are between 105-135 Baht. You can also try bon-cafe brands or ask a local coffee shop if they'll sell you a bag of their beans.

I nuke the fresh 0% milk in the microwave for about 35 seconds, then hand whip it up. UHT milk doesn't froth, but fresh whole, 2% or 0% works fine. Dip a small wire whisk in a cup of nuked milk and spin it between your hands for about 10 seconds.......perfecto! Makro sells cinnamon sticks......a lifetime's worth for about 50 baht. More perfecto!

Enjoy

post-10743-0-86390500-1341578803_thumb.j

post-10743-0-61633200-1341578811_thumb.j

post-10743-0-56446800-1341578818_thumb.j

post-10743-0-29882300-1341578968_thumb.j

• Like 1

Finally, my stove-top Bialetti 1-cup with whipped up Foremost 0% milk, and a scrapping of fresh cinnamon over the top, makes as good a cup of coffee as I've had in any of the many tens of coffee shops around the country. It's great to be retired!

-

What coffee do you use?

For the past year I've used a variety of Aroma brand coffee.....they have about 15 different types for sale....mostly Thai beans, but some imported. Most 250g bags of beans are between 105-135 Baht. You can also try bon-cafe brands or ask a local coffee shop if they'll sell you a bag of their beans.

I nuke the fresh 0% milk in the microwave for about 35 seconds, then hand whip it up. UHT milk doesn't froth, but fresh whole, 2% or 0% works fine. Dip a small wire whisk in a cup of nuked milk and spin it between your hands for about 10 seconds.......perfecto! Makro sells cinnamon sticks......a lifetime's worth for about 50 baht. More perfecto!

Enjoy

off topic, after my conical burr grinder gave up the ghost, i had to start experimenting with the beans available to find which my espresso machine liked best.

By far the best coffee, with the most suitable grind is the suzuki espresso.

it is the only one i have found which actually pre-grinds their beans to a consistency suitable for espresso machines.

All other brands seem to grind all their beans, even the espresso for coffee makers or french presses.

Milk wise, Meji all the way, but i only drink it with espresso 1:3

I need to buy a new grinder but i havent found one suitable yet, and the suzuki espresso has relieved me of a sense of urgency

Edited by tinfoilhat

one of these days i am going to go drink some milk straight from the cow. maybe i will even suck on her nipple! i hear it tastes great! wub.png

Just double check it is a cow and not a bull before you try that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

i reckon all he is seeking is plausible deniability

Best not to buy any milk imported from China...

you think the Thai's are less scrupulous when it comes to making money than the Chinese?

Not the Chinese/Thais certainly! Aren't they more moral than regular Thai people?

Thai Soi Dairy Cows.

skinny-cows.jpg

Looks more like grass than garbage. blink.png

Yeah, I had a hard time finding the pics of them eating garbage, though I've seen it with my own eyes. Nonetheless, I don't want milk from these sickly looking, skinny, depressed cows.

[quote name='kerryk' timestamp='1341670186' post='5463091']
Geeze guys why don't you show some photos of dairy ranches or dairy cows in Thailand instead of those scrawny burger cows.
[/quote]

OH! The dairy cows look different.

Geeze guys why don't you show some photos of dairy ranches or dairy cows in Thailand instead of those scrawny burger cows.

OH! The dairy cows look different.

Of course they look different. They are different breeds. In any country not just Thailand.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic .. re mouldy bread ... off milk. Was given some of that Thai cake...sweet, purple/green/orange etc. etc. I put it on the window ledge and left it there for about a month .... exactly the same...not a bird, or ant or anything would touch it...though it kinda...'melted' a bit...like plastic.

Of course they look different. They are different breeds. In any country not just Thailand.

So true, those skinny cows do not supply considerable amount of milk.

And the Holstein type of cows ("black and white") need careful special treatment in the tropical climate.

And the Holstein type of cows ("black and white") need careful special treatment in the tropical climate.

need careful special treatment in the tropical climate.

Which, knowing how Thais do business and their attention to detail and precision, we know they get. giggle.gif

need careful special treatment in the tropical climate.

Which, knowing how Thais do business and their attention to detail and precision, we know they get. giggle.gif

Ever been to a Thai dairy farm? Stop blithering until you know something eh? The King of Thailand went to Denmark a while back and they gave him the necessary things to start a dairy business in Thailand. Try at least reading about it before you shoot your mouth off.

I have been to dairy farms in Thailand, sir.

If you can't find the obvious silliness in my posts on this topic, then I suggest that you find a sense of humour "eh".

Oh, btw, I don't care who went where to learn what. I am also not much for propaganda. What I know is that most of the milk in the country I've had is sub par -- so who the heck cares what I've read. The "proof is in the pudding" eh? And, seems like I'm not the only person who has noticed the perceived issue with the milk.

Were people also sent abroad to learn how to raise meat cattle and excellent beef because the majority of beef I've had sourced in Thailand is complete crap. And, I'm not the only one who thinks so. I think there's a thread on TV about it. (I could go on and on; point being, with respect where respect is due and/or demanded, it is entirely irrelevant that someone was sent somewhere to learn something.)

Cheers,

Edited by PaullyW

Thai Soi Dairy Cows.

skinny-cows.jpg

Looks more like grass than garbage. blink.png

Yeah, I had a hard time finding the pics of them eating garbage, though I've seen it with my own eyes. Nonetheless, I don't want milk from these sickly looking, skinny, depressed cows.

So this is a joke? Anyone who has ever been to a dairy farm would know the above photo is not of dairy cows. Some of us don't like to see Thailand mocked for no good reason. An out right lie to mock Thai dairy farmers is not a good reason in my book sorry.

You are posting on a Thai forum and the posting rules state 8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais. Thais have enough problems without you making up stories about them and posting pictures of half dead beef cows saying they are for dairy use.

i know, nobody asked that and the threat is not about chicken...

but have you ever seen, where and what they eat?

Thai chicken? In a chicken house? You do know that a very large percent of Thai Chickens are owned by two companies from chick to broiler, checked by vets monthly and fed all the same feed?

Raising chickens is big business in Thailand. To let them eat anything except their special diets would cut down on profit.

Of course I assume you mean the 1% of chickens that are home raised without any technical supervision.