Need To Renew My Scooter Registration...What'S Needed?

kap

What documents do I need to renew my now two year old Nouvo? Do I need to sort out some sort of insurance or something? Last year, I just had the shop where I purchased the bike do the renewal. Since my license is also expiring, I plan on going and doing it all myself tomorrow.

Lastly, could someone please provide directions to the DMV. When I went last year I only remember taking Sukhumvit and then getting onto the new flyover between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya North. Thanks in advance for your help.

You have to renew your vehicles registration tax and mandatory insurance every year. You just bring your green book (registration book) and your passport.

Located next to Regent school on high way 36.

• Like 1

Lastly, could someone please provide directions to the DMV.

Look at this map : https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Pattaya+Tai&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=12.933463,100.928822&spn=0.143047,0.119305&sll=12.924951,100.878353&sspn=0.017881,0.014913&geocode=FZ5BxQAdrjkDBg%3BFTPjxQAdRLYEBg&t=h&mra=me&mrsp=0,1&sz=16&z=13

You have to go there to renew your license,

but without that you could renew mandatory insurane + yearly registration

at their temporary office at Big C (Pattaya Tai/Sukhumvit) every Saturday morning.

• Like 1

12.969055,100.974269 google maps about here somewhere, live near by and come off suk onto the number 7 first big junction is 36 keep in left lane go onto 36 past Regents school and you will see signs to turn left just past there.

• Like 1

Lastly, could someone please provide directions to the DMV.

Look at this map : https://maps.google....=0,1&sz=16&z=13

You have to go there to renew your license,

but without that you could renew mandatory insurane + yearly registration

at their temporary office at Big C (Pattaya Tai/Sukhumvit) every Saturday morning.

Before I bought a motorbike I recall reading something about the Big C option for renewing your tax/insurance. Thanks for jogging my memory, it's a lot closer to where I live than the land transport office. Do you know whereabouts in Big C it is located, and what their service times are? Thanks if you have any info on this.

Edited by Guderian

Do you know whereabouts in Big C it is located, and what their service times are?

Yes, I renew here last 2 years ;)

You go upstairs (by right or left) but do not enter in the shop itself; take the path between all cashier-desks and some small shops, it run all the long from one enter to the other.

Nearly at the middle there were 2 peoples with tables, computer, printer and a pile of green book ;)

Not sure of exact times; always heard "every Saturday morning"

Easy and quick :)

Do you know whereabouts in Big C it is located, and what their service times are?

Yes, I renew here last 2 years wink.png...<snipped>...

It should be added that if your motorcycle over 5-years old, or automobile is over 7-years old....

...you need to have a vehicle inspection performed _first_ (at any inspection station which had the 'gear' symbol)

then take the inspection certificate and your greenbook to renew your license & insurance.