Meth Addicted Woman Terrorizes Phuket Temple

webfact

Meth addicted woman terrorizes Phuket temple

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A deranged, knife-wielding woman had people running for cover at a Phuket temple yesterday until she was finally stripped of the weapon and placed under police custody.

Chalong Police were notified at 10:30am that a knife-wielding woman was terrorizing people on the grounds of the Wat Sawang Arom School, off Soi Happy Home in Rawai, according to Siangtai Daily newspaper.

Arriving at the scene with Rawai Municipality officers, police found a woman with an angry, fixed stare stalking about, waving a 10-inch blade from side-to-side.

Teachers ordered all students into their classrooms, which were then locked from the inside for their own safety.

The woman, who appeared demented, caused a great deal of commotion at the school and temple grounds, which was full of devotees as yesterday was a Buddhist holy day, or wan phra.

With scores of people watching the drama from a safe distance, officers tried to convince the woman to hand over the weapon.

When this failed, Rawai Municipality officers Anat Samart and Danai Khumban waited until she let her guard down, then charged in and disarmed her without incident.

The woman was handcuffed by police and sent to Chalong Police Station, where officers prepared her for transfer to Suan Saranrom Hospital, a regional facility for psychiatric patients in Surat Thani.

Nuan Somphakdee, a 56-year-old resident of Rawai Village 2, identified the woman as 35-year-old Orasa Chainamkhem, the former wife of his stepson.

He said Ms Orasa developed psychiatric problems from overuse of methamphetamines and was sent for treatment about two years ago, at which time the couple parted ways.

Mr Nuan said he thought Ms Orasa had married a foreigner and gone to live abroad for a period, then returned after having problems in that relationship.

She then probably went on a meth binge that resulting in her deranged and dangerous behavior yesterday, he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16340.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-05

Patong named 'Safety Zone' in Phuket model for public safety

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa....-public-safety/

I am guessing you don't live in Phuket (a provence in Thailand) and therefore have no clue as to the geography. This school is no where near Patong. It is about two kilometers from my house in Rawai though. I had no clue it even happened until I read this article from the always sensationalistic Phuket Gazette!

Patong named 'Safety Zone' in Phuket model for public safety

Full story:

http://www.thaivisa....-public-safety/

As you're obviously one of the idiots who like to throw shit at Phuket whatever the content of the thread, I'll feed you a few facts about the place in hope some of it sticks.

Phuket is an Island Province and covers about 543 sq kms,

Patong is a small, but crowded, tourist party town on a beach on the west coast of the Province. It is about 5 sq kms in area.

Everything that happens in Phuket Province is not about the little settlement of Patong.

And incidently, I've seen mad, armed, usually naked, drug or alcohol addicted women on a rampage, half a dozen times in a number of different countries in my time. (far too often when I think about it!)

It's not a problem only in Phuket.

• Like 1