Has Anyone Bought An Air Pistol In Thailand?

giddyup

I see sellers on Beach Road, Pattaya with air pistols for sale. They are powered by the same cartridges they use for soda syphons I think. I just wondered what the quality of these is like, also the power and the range. They look well made, but do they last?

Afraid such are illegal here, unless properly registered.

Mac

How do all those stalls on Beach Road get away with selling them so openly? Stupid question I suppose. I mean how do they get away with all the pirated stuff they sell openly? Anyway, it sounds like they might be more trouble than the're worth, illegal and all.

Edited by giddyup

If they are Chinese made - then it's junk. Stick to realy air pistols like Morini or Styer. These are really expensive though and might be difficult for not Thais to purchase legally. Most of these Air Pistols use compressed air. Older ones used CO2 but these are no longer in favour because the compressed air ones are far superior to CO2 ones. Check out Hua Mark Sports complex. I believe they have an Air Pistol Range there.

Afraid such are illegal here, unless properly registered.

Mac

How do all those stalls on Beach Road get away with selling them so openly?

Let me see ...Prostitution is illegal ....jumping red lights in illegal...DUI is illegal the list is endless...this is Thailand