Visa Question For A Friend.

tpthai2

Today a friend emailed me this question. I am not up on the current visa procedures in this area.

I would be appreciative of any comments regarding the question below our TV experts may wish to post.

"I wanted to run an idea by you.

Come over to cm on a tourist visa, with 2-3 multiple entries. I would have to apply at the portland consulate. I wonder if i have to give them a good reason for doing this...or just send the check?

Then, with 30 day extensions at the end of each 2 month period, i would possibly have about 9 months there to get acquainted with the city and be a bum. No having to teach english or take thai lessons.

With a budget of about 30K/month, now that you've been there, would I have any problems?"

Yes your friend will have no problems with that plan. The only hitch might be that he can only get two tourist visa's instead of three, which would take his visit down to six months before he'd have to go to another country (Laos, Cambodia are ok) to obtain another tourist visa if he wanted to stay on here in Thailand. A 30,000 baht budget is more then ok, as long as he doesn't eat solely western food and drink in the bars everyday.

I don't know if you can actually get 9 months on a triple entry. Just make sure that the visa expiry is longer than the 9 months he intends on staying.

Yes, you can get 9 months on a triple entry tourist visa....60+30+60+30+60+30=270 days.

Obviously, you have to apply/pay for the 30 day extension at Immigration every 60 days.