Friday The 13th

george

Are you superstitious about Friday the 13th?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Northwest Airlines offered a friend a $200 discounted ticket to fly from the US on Friday the 13th... She arrives late tomorrow, but left the US on Friday the 13th.... I hope that I can arrange most of my flights for Friday the 13th's....

Pianoman

I voted yes, but not in a fearful way. Today is my birthday so I believe friday the 13th to be a lucky day. However my family believe it to be very unlucky :D:o

Happy Birthday Tuky..!!

Chok Dee... :D

totster :D

Yep, happy b'day and black fliday :D

Don't forget to sand on one foot far at least a min...works for cricketers. :D

I voted yes, but not in a fearful way. Today is my birthday so I believe friday the 13th to be a lucky day. However my family believe it to be very unlucky :D:o

Happy birthday mate.

:D

Have you ripped the head off your first chang for the day yet?

Happy birthday mate.

:D

Have you ripped the head off your first chang for the day yet?

Is the pope a kraut.. :D

Bad Friday

"It is said: Never change your bed on Friday; it will bring bad dreams. Don't start a trip on Friday or you will have misfortune. If you cut your nails on Friday, you cut them for sorrow. Ships that set sail on a Friday will have bad luck – as in the tale of H.M.S. Friday ... One hundred years ago, the British government sought to quell once and for all the widespread superstition among seamen that setting sail on Fridays was unlucky. A special ship was commissioned, named "H.M.S. Friday." They laid her keel on a Friday, launched her on a Friday, selected her crew on a Friday and hired a man named Jim Friday to be her captain. To top it off, H.M.S. Friday embarked on her maiden voyage on a Friday, and was never seen or heard from again."

Why Friday the 13th is Unlucky:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/historica...ay_the_13th.htm

I voted no, but an interesting side note....

A Thai friend mentioned to me today that they don't worry about the Friday so much, but that they consider the number 13 unlucky/scary because when rotated clockwise 90 degrees it makes ผี (pii...the Thai word for ghost). I had never heard this before...do many Thais consider 13 a bad (for lack of a better term) number?

Happy Birthday Tuky.

I voted no, hope I haven't fated my-self.... :D

I will still be buying a ticket for the £70 million draw this evening.

I'll get the beers in if the Gods, Buddha and Allah all see in my favour.... :o:D

redrus

I voted yes, but not in a fearful way. Today is my birthday so I believe friday the 13th to be a lucky day. However my family believe it to be very unlucky :D:D

Happy Birthday Tuky!!! :o

I'll wait until something goes tits up before I vote :D

/edit - BTW - Is it a full moon tonight? Looks full-moon-like to me :D

Edited by Insight

I voted yes, but not in a fearful way. Today is my birthday so I believe friday the 13th to be a lucky day. However my family believe it to be very unlucky :D:D

Happy Birthday Tuky!!! :o

I'll wait until something goes tits up before I vote :D

/edit - BTW - Is it a full moon tonight? Looks full-moon-like to me :D

Friday 13th stupid superstion total garbage I do not believe it ARGHH........

HH!!!!!!!!........................

I am Irish and the Irish tend to be superstitious, my dear old mum had a saying for everything. Some of them were hilarious! So although I am not at all superstitious I still find myself being reminded of the sayings. For example if I drop a knife on the floor, the saying, ‘knife on the floor, stranger at the door’ goes through my head, madness really!

Has anyone noticed that Thais are becoming less superstitious?

There seem to be lots of barbers open on Wednesdays these days.

I am very superstitious, but I had a very good night at poker last night!

How can one day be unlucky for every single person in the world - impossible.

One that scares me is when that bird flies over the house, meaning someone is going to die.