Anyone Have A Tandem Bicycle That They Don’T Use Any More?

Mobi

I’m looking for a tandem - nothing special – just for a bit of fun around the lake with the gf and maybe when we go up country. We can just put it in the back of the Mitsu.

We probably won’t use it that much so I don’t want to spend a fortune.

A tandem is one of those things that people buy, use for a while, and then thereafter, it gathers dust in the garage, so I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in offloading a used one for a reasonable price.

Ideally in the Pattaya area, but I don’t mind driving, say 100 kms or so, to pick it up.

Thanks.

Deja Vu....this question came up in 2010 on TV and the overwhelming response was Probikes in Bangkok for a new bike. I still see the odd Tandem on my excursions out on my Mountain bike around Jomtien. There are 2 road side bike sellers on Sukh. One is on the east side just past the floating market by about 400 mtrs. The other one is just north by a few yards from the entrance to Makro. I have seen Tandems for sale there. Quality and price unknown.

Have you ever considered getting a "Sam Lawr" as the Thais call a Rickshaw Tricycle. Then you can get some excercise and the GF can sit back and enjoy the view or ....vice versa ....???

Remember to wear a Pith Helmet......not that I am taking the Pith......p.s. is that the GF that appears next to your name ??? cos she is a Babe !!!

samlor.jpg

Edited by lonewolf99

Deja Vu....this question came up in 2010 on TV and the overwhelming response was Probikes in Bangkok for a new bike. I still see the odd Tandem on my excursions out on my Mountain bike around Jomtien. There are 2 road side bike sellers on Sukh. One is on the east side just past the floating market by about 400 mtrs. The other one is just north by a few yards from the entrance to Makro. I have seen Tandems for sale there. Quality and price unknown.

Have you ever considered getting a "Sam Lawr" as the Thais call a Rickshaw Tricycle. Then you can get some excercise and the GF can sit back and enjoy the view or ....vice versa ....???

Remember to wear a Pith Helmet......not that I am taking the Pith......p.s. is that the GF that appears next to your name ??? cos she is a Babe !!!

samlor.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I was aware of Probike and we were in the process of calling all the dealers, but didn't know of the 'street' sales south of Pattaya.

Found the one near Macro but the other one seems to have gone. Anyway they had a couple of 2nd hand Tandems - like the kind you rent at resorts - no gears for 8,000 Baht.

In the meantime we found a dealer in Sri Racha who had a new tandem, with gears, for 10,000 - which was pretty cheap, compared to other prices we had been quoted over the phone from various dealers- anything up to 40K!

To cut a long story short, we drove up to Sri Racha today and the tandem had obviously been in their shop for many years as it was very dusty etc which probably accounts for the cheap price. They cleaned it up, pumped up the tyres, put on the pedals etc and got everything working properly, and it looks very nice. Aluminium frame, more gears than I'll ever use and a smart silver colour.

Just got it home and gave it a brief run with the GF and it is absolutely great! I'm well pleased.