Facial Thread Veins

leisurely

Todays question is this. Would it be 'safe' to have these treated in one of the 'clinics' that abound in shopping centres or would it be better to go to a hospital. My parents are coming soon and my mum has said she would like hers injected (I presume she means cauterised). While strolling around Central I see many many face care centres and I presume they offer this service. If the anwser to the reliability of shops is no, could anyone recommend a hospital to go to in Bankok.

many thanks]

Leisurely :o

Todays question is this. Would it be 'safe' to have these treated in one of the 'clinics' that abound in shopping centres or would it be better to go to a hospital. My parents are coming soon and my mum has said she would like hers injected (I presume she means cauterised). While strolling around Central I see many many face care centres and I presume they offer this service. If the anwser to the reliability of shops is no, could anyone recommend a hospital to go to in Bankok.

many thanks]

Leisurely :o

Why is she thinking about Thailand instead of finding a good clinic in her home country? There are many peruasive adverts but personally I would only depend on recommendations from a vascular surgeon. Sclerotherapy is often performed on the face, but is generally for legs. Modern laser systems are often recommended for caucasians. I do not think the cost savings will be significant.

She also has to be careful as after having this treatment, no makeup can be worn for a few days & also no exposure to the sun which would be difficult in Thailand. The cost of this treatment at a reputable clinic in the UK is less than £150 now days.

She also has to be careful as after having this treatment, no makeup can be worn for a few days & also no exposure to the sun which would be difficult in Thailand. The cost of this treatment at a reputable clinic in the UK is less than £150 now days.

Boo,

Sorry have to disagree re cost.Nuffield and another private clinic in Uk quoted £650 per treatment with average of 4 required for facial thread veins.

I went to Pattaya Inter in soi 4 who likewise suggested 4 treatments (without being told about uk clinic visits) and average cost was 6100 baht per treatment.

I now return once a year just to remove any new thread veins that crop up at same price or less.

Chivas

Boo,

Sorry have to disagree re cost.Nuffield and another private clinic in Uk quoted £650 per treatment with average of 4 required for facial thread veins.

I went to Pattaya Inter in soi 4 who likewise suggested 4 treatments (without being told about uk clinic visits) and average cost was 6100 baht per treatment.

I now return once a year just to remove any new thread veins that crop up at same price or less.

Chivas

Friend of mine had it done in private clinic on Isle of Wight. 115 quid per treatment -3 treatments. Prices vary.

my local private clinic told me no more than 200 quid for as many treatments was needed to get rid of them! but 650 sounds like a rip off :o

Sure prices vary, or maybe the treatment I referred to in the UK was not the same as you guys were referring to ??

Chivas