• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" Police seized 97 fake credit cards, mostly belonging to victims in France. "

So they are not fake then..

Stolen seems more like it.

Oh well, lost in translation.

Edit : If the 97 fake credit cards mostly belong to people in France, then who are the victims ? whistling.gif

They could be clones.

Why do all these knucklehead farangs have to have shaved or bald heads? You're giving us other bald bastards a bad name and i ain't gonna wear no rag either...

+1. My husband has been all but bald since his early 30's and fortunately decided the full shave was a better alternative to the Arthur Scargill Comb-over. He's the most laid back, non-aggressive person most people say they have ever met, but he still gets strange looks and the side-eye sometimes from people.

Bald doesn't equal bad. God only made so many perfect heads, the rest he disguised with hair..........

-1. Oh, rag'd look a helluva lot better than that bald pate. See how great Steven Van Zandt looks?

post-14882-1273153204_thumb.jpg

post-14882-1273153307_thumb.jpg

Yeah, gimme a cool-lookin' rag any day. Frenchie coulda looked a lot more dashing at the police station. No fashion sense at all, really; but, not too surprising, all considered. wink.png

Edited by JSixpack

The fact he isn't a Brit makes a refreshing change.

blink.png

Most of these scum bags that are associated with dodgey ATM card dealings in Pattaya, seem to come from France. I was expecting him to have a North African name.

tongue.png

You're not prejudiced, then?

Non, monsieur.

tongue.pngtongue.png

Frenchman caught with 97 fake bank cards at North Pattaya ATM

09_07_55_1.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Frenchman accused of credit card fraud has been arrested at an ATM in North Pattaya.

A press conference was held at Pattaya Police Station on Saturday led by Police Major General Jamnong, Chonburi Provincial Police Commander who presented Mr. Anthony Marc Christophe Claude Thull aged 23 from Marseilles in France. He was arrested at a Siam Commercial Bank ATM on the North Pattaya Road after staff alerted Police that the man was attempting to withdraw money using foreign bank cards.

Police arrived and detained Mr. Thull who was found to be carrying a total of 97 cards which are suspected of containing information of stolen bank card details from French victims. Mr. Thull arrived in Thailand on 7th July and was given the task of using specific ATM’s around Pattaya to withdraw as much money as he could which would then be sent back to France. When arrested he was found to be carrying a printout from Google Earth indicating the locations of ATM’s he should use to withdraw money.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...th-pattaya-atm/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

police restrained him and searched his handbag

cheesy.gif Only in france can you get away with a man satchel, reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where some one steals Jerry's man purse and yells out for the police only to have the police officer yell back, "You mean hand bag?" "YES, ok its a hand bag!

"

Why do all these knucklehead farangs have to have shaved or bald heads? You're giving us other bald bastards a bad name and i ain't gonna wear no rag either...

+1. My husband has been all but bald since his early 30's and fortunately decided the full shave was a better alternative to the Arthur Scargill Comb-over. He's the most laid back, non-aggressive person most people say they have ever met, but he still gets strange looks and the side-eye sometimes from people.

Bald doesn't equal bad. God only made so many perfect heads, the rest he disguised with hair..........

-1. Oh, rag'd look a helluva lot better than that bald pate. See how great Steven Van Zandt looks?

Yeah, gimme a cool-lookin' rag any day. Frenchie coulda looked a lot more dashing at the police station. No fashion sense at all, really; but, not too surprising, all considered. wink.png

I refer you (an all baldies) to this classic little ditty giggle.gif

Bald Headed Men - Four Bitchin' Babes.mp3

At last Nigerians and West Africans are now Law abiding Guests in our Thailand,The Good Lord is really exposing this Westerners who think that because they are white makes them Crimeless,while they are the Pinacles of Crimes in Thailand.

I guess France and Briton will be BLACKLISTED TOO,since this is how we the people of Thais Judge people from otehr nations,the SINS of few affects allcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

Amen to that.... been shaven since my 40's.... couldn't face the comb over....

Edit : If the 97 fake credit cards mostly belong to people in France, then who are the victims ? whistling.gif

The numbers are skimmed (real but stolen) then a card reader/writer is used to write the data onto a blank card with mag strip. The pins are also stolen. The card is fake card with a real but stolen number on the strip.

Yes, I was caught like this whilst using an ATM inside Tesco Lotus. They had my card number and pin which was used immediately in Russia and Ukraine.

The numbers are skimmed (real but stolen) then a card reader/writer is used to write the data onto a blank card with mag strip. The pins are also stolen. The card is fake card with a real but stolen number on the strip.

Yes, I was caught like this whilst using an ATM inside Tesco Lotus. They had my card number and pin which was used immediately in Russia and Ukraine.

As a habit I try and see if either the slot that the card goes into or the keypad can be pulled off or removed in anyway. I do this before putting my card in. Many of the skimming devices are plastic covers that go over the card slot and they can skim the card when you put it in. Sometimes that cover also has a pin hole camera to record you entering in your pin code.

If you yank on the card slot and it comes off.. don't worry cause you didn't break the machine but rather uncovered the skimmer.

Edited by Jayman

A similar scam last year in Australia was traced to a machine in a McDonald's branch in Perth. I'm always careful when using ATM's, going inside the bank and using if they have one or using those at a big shopping centre with CCTV where it's less likely to have been tampered with than the ones on the street. This caution is blown to the wind though if they can skim your card when buying a burger.

At last Nigerians and West Africans are now Law abiding Guests in our Thailand,The Good Lord is really exposing this Westerners who think that because they are white makes them Crimeless,while they are the Pinacles of Crimes in Thailand.

I guess France and Briton will be BLACKLISTED TOO,since this is how we the people of Thais Judge people from otehr nations,the SINS of few affects allcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Let's see how many posts you're gonna be able to make.

A long time ago, I read a story in the papers in Holland on this.

Appears that what they do is:

1. dig up a transmission (telephone) line that sends and receives information between the ATM and the Bank's Servers.

2. Install a box that stores all information going between the ATM and the servers.

3. After a month or so, dig up the box and use the information to create fake cards with the details and pin-codes that where intercepted by the box.

These days the PIN goes no further than the reading device and all data between the reading device and the bank server is encrypted.

• Like 1

The fact he isn't a Brit makes a refreshing change.

blink.png

Most of these scum bags that are associated with dodgey ATM card dealings in Pattaya, seem to come from France. I was expecting him to have a North African name.

tongue.png

Do I hear some racism here? wai.gif

I've been bald since my twenties, never could and never would change it. The only bad thing I have ever heard about me being bald, is when the wife said that when she looked down when she sat down, she knew how a chicken felt. whistling.gif

why did he need google maps? does he not have a pair of eyes just to walk around.

It clearly makes the whole scam a lot more high tech and romantic with google map init?

Still I wonder how this scam works as the PIN used to withdraw cash is unique to the Credit Card number and checked against a database for each transaction (at least that's how I see it).

I was watching a shitty movie this week called "The Rise & Fall of a White Collar Hooligan" which deals with this exact same scam (apparently from a True Story) and I was in the impression that these guys wer eable to collect PIN codes with fake Credit Card Point of Sales which they swaped from time to time at various location wher ethey have accomplice.

If there is a way to create a fake credit card with the PIN code alongside. I certainly would like to know how (from a pure technical curiosity standpoint obviously).

A long time ago, I read a story in the papers in Holland on this.

Appears that what they do is:

1. dig up a transmission (telephone) line that sends and receives information between the ATM and the Bank's Servers.

2. Install a box that stores all information going between the ATM and the servers.

3. After a month or so, dig up the box and use the information to create fake cards with the details and pin-codes that where intercepted by the box.

Another way:

1. install a small camera above the ATM keyboard and slot

2. install a reader on the ATM card-slot

3. film people's card and their pin-code, as well as storing the card-information with the reader

4. remove the camera and the reader

5. create fake cards with that information.

So if either such thing was the case, then the article was right to say fake credit cards with victims in France as their originals where copied and their funds taken out.

And no, I'm no expert doing this kind of things nor do I intend to ever do anything that's not within the laws.

Cheers

And you are actually telling people how to do this ?

Unbaf*kingleiveable !

See I',m not the only one that calls an apple an apple.

Thank you brian P wai.gif