Border Run Using An Evisa - Cambodia

Hi guys,

This week I will be going on a visa run to Cambodia. I am yet to decide whether I will do it on my own or with an agent. I suppose the answer to this post may decide.

I want to apply for one of those E Visas online and then use that. Reason being is that I only have 4 pages left on my passport and I don't want one of those stickers that takes up a whole page.

So has anyone ever been on a border run and used this E Service ? Did you still go with an agent ?, I assume its cheaper. Do they only put a small stamp inside at the Cambodia end ?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by rinteln

Many people have used the e-visa but be careful which website you use to get it. The official website will be not be a .com address. Yes you will only get a small stamp.

A visa runs service would probably deduct the cost of the visa from the normal fee.

Many people have used the e-visa but be careful which website you use to get it. The official website will be not be a .com address. Yes you will only get a small stamp.

A visa runs service would probably deduct the cost of the visa from the normal fee.

Great, thanks for that. Yes I am on the .gov site so I think this looks ok.

Cheers

Cambodia E-visa is definitely the way to go, just be sure to print two copies - one for entry, and one for exit (although they didn't even ask for mine on exit).

As for your question about using an agent: I assume you are talking about getting a Thai Tourist visa in Phnom Penh. Things have changed a bit, and they are definitely discouraging walk-in applicants. That said, the visa is $40, and I'm sure you could do it yourself. Otherwise, check the price from various visa services. I think Lucky Lucky on Monivong was $42, but took three days. We grossly overpaid by going direct to the guard outside the embassy, and paying $55 for next-day service (we went in the AM); found out about Lucky Lucky while we were there on other business. The guard did everything, all we supplied was our passports and one photo, no paperwork. We've used him twice, and even though we found out he is overcharging, it was a painless experience. He even delivers to your hotel/guesthouse.

Please report back, especially if you use another agent, so we all can learn something.

Have fun.

Cambodia E-visa is definitely the way to go, just be sure to print two copies - one for entry, and one for exit (although they didn't even ask for mine on exit).

As for your question about using an agent: I assume you are talking about getting a Thai Tourist visa in Phnom Penh. Things have changed a bit, and they are definitely discouraging walk-in applicants. That said, the visa is $40, and I'm sure you could do it yourself. Otherwise, check the price from various visa services. I think Lucky Lucky on Monivong was $42, but took three days. We grossly overpaid by going direct to the guard outside the embassy, and paying $55 for next-day service (we went in the AM); found out about Lucky Lucky while we were there on other business. The guard did everything, all we supplied was our passports and one photo, no paperwork. We've used him twice, and even though we found out he is overcharging, it was a painless experience. He even delivers to your hotel/guesthouse.

Please report back, especially if you use another agent, so we all can learn something.

Have fun.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

That's useful info for the future but on this occasion I am just going for a normal border run to get 14 days. I was thinking about getting myself there but if an agent says like 1000 baht then its worth it. Anything more and ill just do it all myself.

Its reassuring to know the E Visa works smoothly.

Thanks again

if you've only 4 pages left in your passport ( i presume it is UK passport), get clued up on renewing it if you're going to be in this region for a while......last i heard was that they need to be issued from HK and can take several weeks....

if you've only 4 pages left in your passport ( i presume it is UK passport), get clued up on renewing it if you're going to be in this region for a while......last i heard was that they need to be issued from HK and can take several weeks....

Hi,

Yeah you are right it is a UK passport. I have renewed in HK before.

Thanks

Make sure you apply for the eVisa a couple of days before. They just recently introduced an express fee surcharge of 10 USD if you need it the next day. (Official processing time is and always has been 3 (business?) days but they used to deliver within a view hours without surcharge).

According to the official Cambodia visa on arrival website (http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/), you CANNOT USE AN E-VISA to enter Cambodia at the following points of entry. You can exit at them, though.

*Chorm (Oddar Meanchey)

*Daung (Kamrieng Battambang)

*Prom (Pailin)

*O Smach (Oddar Meanchey)

Edited by Cuchulainn

So what actually happens with the E-Visa does it get stuck into your passport like a normal visa so taking up a whole page or do you only receive the entry and exit stamps in passport ?

you receive small e-visa in & out stamp wth the number from your printed one , wich you can staple (or not ) inside your passport