Hearing Aid Service/Repair In Pattaya Area?

Guderian

One of my Siemens digital hearing aids has stopped working. I think it's because, in spite of using wax guards, wax worked its way through and into the sound transmission tube. This is too fine a job to fix with the tools they gave me. The nearest Siemens service centre appears to be in Singapore. The hearing aids are well out of warranty, so I will have to pay to get it fixed. Is there anywhere reliable in the Pattaya area that can sort this out, or do I have to wait until I go back to the UK?

Thanks for any help.

I have had very poor results having repairs done in Thailand(Bangkok).

The audiologist at Sirikit hospital(Sattahip) has been helpful in choosing a repair facility and acting as an intermediary.

You may finally have to resort to mailing it to an out of country facility.

I have had very poor results having repairs done in Thailand(Bangkok).

The audiologist at Sirikit hospital(Sattahip) has been helpful in choosing a repair facility and acting as an intermediary.

You may finally have to resort to mailing it to an out of country facility.

I think the repair should be simple enough, just using a very fine needle or something of that sort, possibly with some solvent, to clean out the tube that transmits the sound. OTOH, the Thai capacity to destroy things should never be underestimated, I suppose.

I'll be going back to the UK in September, but only for 3 weeks. I'm not sure if that will be long enough to get the repair sorted out.

I found this link below that could be of help to you, it's located in Pattaya Klang (central) Road,

give them a try.

http://www.thaiwayma...ne_pattaya.html

That place is actually on 3rd Road very near Pattaya Klang. It would be a left turn if you were going down Pattaya Klang in 2nd road direction about 100 yards from the junction on the left hand side. They are only open for short periods mainly after 6pm if I recall correctly. Its only a very small place and I was told in Bangkok that they forward everything to Head Office for fixing.

FWIW I find the plastic tags on new clothes to be very useful for clearing blockages when they are cut and you may get some joy that way.

I found this link below that could be of help to you, it's located in Pattaya Klang (central) Road,

give them a try.

http://www.thaiwayma...ne_pattaya.html

That place is actually on 3rd Road very near Pattaya Klang. It would be a left turn if you were going down Pattaya Klang in 2nd road direction about 100 yards from the junction on the left hand side. They are only open for short periods mainly after 6pm if I recall correctly. Its only a very small place and I was told in Bangkok that they forward everything to Head Office for fixing.

FWIW I find the plastic tags on new clothes to be very useful for clearing blockages when they are cut and you may get some joy that way.

I thought about using a fine needle or a pin, but I'm worried that I may just push the wax further up into the hearing aid. It's probably best to get a professional to look at it, but it doesn't sound like Pattaya has the right people. Given all the older folk settling down here, maybe it's a business opportunity for someone?

As an EX-Hearing Independant Aid Dispenser (for 22 years) and qualified audiologist the problem you are having, if it is wax blocking the nozzle of the reciever, then if there is a competent technician in a Hearing Aid centre then this could be sorted out fairly easily. I used to do many of my patients repairs when wax was the problem, instead of sending them to the manufacturer as not only was it a much quicker turn around for my clients but a lot cheaper as Digital Hearing Aid repairs are usually quite expensive as manufacturer's have a standard repair charge whether major components need replacing or just the tubing replaced on the reciever or microphone. I have been out of the business now for over 6 years so do not have the equipment to open up, retube and then reseal the device so can't help now.. I personally would wait until you go back home then look in Yellow Pages for an Independant local Hearing Aid Company and if you are lucky you may find a dispenser who like me paid for and attended a basic Hearing Aid repair course and could maybe solve the problem without sending the device to the manufacturer. Anyway 2 weeks should be more than adequate for a repair to be carried out. Most Hearing Aid Companies do an express service (24 hour in house turnaround for an extra charge) Do not go sticking pins down the tube or using any type of solvent as you will more than likely be causing more damage to the receiver.

As an EX-Hearing Independant Aid Dispenser (for 22 years) and qualified audiologist the problem you are having, if it is wax blocking the nozzle of the reciever, then if there is a competent technician in a Hearing Aid centre then this could be sorted out fairly easily. I used to do many of my patients repairs when wax was the problem, instead of sending them to the manufacturer as not only was it a much quicker turn around for my clients but a lot cheaper as Digital Hearing Aid repairs are usually quite expensive as manufacturer's have a standard repair charge whether major components need replacing or just the tubing replaced on the reciever or microphone. I have been out of the business now for over 6 years so do not have the equipment to open up, retube and then reseal the device so can't help now.. I personally would wait until you go back home then look in Yellow Pages for an Independant local Hearing Aid Company and if you are lucky you may find a dispenser who like me paid for and attended a basic Hearing Aid repair course and could maybe solve the problem without sending the device to the manufacturer. Anyway 2 weeks should be more than adequate for a repair to be carried out. Most Hearing Aid Companies do an express service (24 hour in house turnaround for an extra charge) Do not go sticking pins down the tube or using any type of solvent as you will more than likely be causing more damage to the receiver.

Thanks for the advice.

I would be very surprised if they had technicians for Hearing Aids onsite repairs at the Pattaya Hearing Aid Centre on Pattaya Klang Road. About 3 years ago, just as a matter of interest because of my past occupation, I found not only did they speak little English but were not that knowledgeable about Hearing Aids in general. I would be very surprised if their knowledge on such intricate items were taught. I think they have a basic knowledge and are sales persons very much like the Dispensers from the Multi-National Companies in the UK who would take a quick look and tell you that you have to buy a new Hearing Aid.

Just be very careful what you are advised. A hearing Aid should last about 10 years as long as your hearing does not worsen dramatically and even then with programmable devices that is not normally a problem if you were sold the correct device for your hearing loss atthe time. Have you not someone in your country (i presume UK) that you can send the Hearing Aid too and get them to follow my previous advice (local INDEPENDANT DISPENSER) then after return to you. If you rely on your Hearing Aid and not returning home soon then I would follow that course.

• 8 years later...