Reticulated Python

w00t.gif ah you picked it up... w00t.giftongue.png

It actually looks pretty skinny from one or two I have seen.... the last one I saw, was a neighbour who's chickens were being eaten.... they wanted me to get the snake.....

No thanks!

Another I saw, literately flew out a bonfire and over a 4 foot high wall.....faster than a speeding bullet!!! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Awesome, your floor needs polishing BTW.

Yes, my speedy landlord should be on that in a few years...more.

Yes, I caught it and being right handed, took out my keys from my right-hand pocket with my left hand, and opened the back door, and manipulated the camera left-handed for the shots.

This is the initial tug of war...

post-131397-0-97029900-1341918457_thumb.

• Like 1

Awesome, your floor needs polishing BTW.

Yes, my speedy landlord should be on that in a few years...more.

I know the feeling. I've given up asking or even considering asking for anything non major. I don't hassle the landlady, she doesn't hassle me and my rent has gone down not up over the last 3 years.

Nice Photos

Looks like a baby one.

We have had three, two in the garden and one under our sink over the last 2 months. One of them was

over 2.5 meters long. Beautiful markings. I think that they grow up to about 10 meters and lay over a 00 eggs. Probably explains the lack of cats and rats around here!biggrin.png

The bit that I do not understand, is why drag the poor thing out of it's natural habitat and take it into your house?

I usually have to get them out of the house and put them back into the jungle. Mind you, the tockays sometimes sort them out first! thumbsup.gif

Just checked my trusty snake book. Reticulated can grow up to 10 metres (reputedly) and the Burmese one up to 6 metres w00t.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo

Braver than me, the reticulated can be quite nasty from what i rememeber of the Late Steve Irwin documenteries. One myth he did put about is they fear humans and try at all costs to avoid, the snakes i get do not seem to beat a retreat at me appraching at all.

• 2 weeks later...