Sisterhood

ronnight

My thai wife to be has an interest in a "white nun?" who has published a series of short books, I assume these are on livng as a buddist from a female point of view. I gather that the nun has a base somewhere in Bangkok.

Does anyone have any links to more information on this perdson, or where in Bangkok I could take my wife to be to see her.

Sorry for the vagueness of the nuns identity, but I all normally do is pay for a new book if we see one in a bookshop.

Thanks

Attached a copy of one of the books

post-21502-1137145035_thumb.jpg

Edited by ronnight

That's probably Mae Chee Sansanee Sthirasuta, who has her own nunnery in Bangkok not far from the Phra Ram III expressway. I've been to the wat - or rather watra - with a Thai friend and met her briefly. The wat itself is interesting because there are a few rammed earth buildings.

• 4 weeks later...

White nun is almost absolutely a Mae Chee ... I know a few. I have also met the Buddhist nun from Nakhon Pathom. She's an awesome woman that was ordained in Sri Lanka but is Thai. She runs the Thai Buddhist Women's Association I think ... amazing!

Is she the woman who was ordained in Sri Lanka because the Thai Sangha would not ordain a woman?

I would be interested if there were translations of her books too!

A good place to look for the book in Thai is the naiin website --you can order online and shipping is free within Thailand. Naiin books

yes she is the woman that was ordained in Sri Lanka (Same place Thai Buddhism came from twice ....) I believe she has been ordained 5+ years now and may now ordain other female monks. ((Note they are NOT part of the Thai Sangha .. which does not ordain female monks ...)) The Santi Asoke communities ordain women too .. but they are of a lesser status than the men they ordain as monks.