Cheapest Way To Fly To Croatia

w11guy

Return tickets from Bangkok to Croatia are pretty expensive. Does anyone know of a cheaper way? For example, flying from Bangkok to a neighboring country first and then onto Croatia or a nearby country. I know some routes are more popular and will have better pricing, but I have no idea what those routes are.

I checked using matrix software, also depends on which airport you fly into and dates.

Dubrovnik about 2 changes, Split 2 stops (Thai and Lufthansa 1 Stop)

Can I use matrix software online? Cheapest I've found so far is about $1,000 return using Aeroflot, who I'd rather not use. Next best price is around $1,500. I'm very flexible on dates and don't mind a few flight changes. Need to go September probably for around 2 weeks.

I need to end up in Split.

Edited by w11guy

It might be worth checking out the price to Vienna or Budapest, then take a 4-5 hours bus or taxi ride. Finnair had excellent deals for these destinations a few weeks ago, 30-35 000.

Edited by garrya

It might be worth checking out the price to Vienna or Budapest, then take a 4-5 hours bus or taxi ride. Finnair had excellent deals for these destinations a few weeks ago, 30-35 000.

I tried those two and they are more expensive than Aeroflot and some others. All option seems to go from Bangkok to somewhere in Europe and then on to Split. I'm wondering if there are cheaper flights to Europe from a country near Thailand that I can get to with Air Asia. But I don't see any of those options and don't want spend hours checking flights from all the nearby countries. Just hoping someone flies a similar route and knows how to get cheaper flights.

Am using Aeroflot in December to Europe, cheapest around.

Matrix is just an engine to help you, you cannot buy tickets from the site, but you can print out the fare make up and give it to the travel agent to try and match.

Am using Aeroflot in December to Europe, cheapest around.

Matrix is just an engine to help you, you cannot buy tickets from the site, but you can print out the fare make up and give it to the travel agent to try and match.

Is there a website that I can use the matrix software? No need to answer -I just found it.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Edited by w11guy

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up using Aeroflot. Ending up costing around $1550. Only snag was spending 20 hours at Moscow airport waiting for connecting flight back home. Luckily I have a lounge card that came free with my credit card, so was able to use the three lounges there.

Edited by w11guy