Krabi Police Search For Mother Of Murdered Newborn

webfact

Krabi Police search for mother of murdered newborn

Phuket Gazette

KRABI: -- Police are searching for the mother of a brutally-murdered newborn found in a plastic trash bag on a Krabi roadside yesterday morning.

The baby, thought to be less than a day old at the time of death, was discovered by an Ao Nang Tambon Administration Organization sanitation worker sorting trash destined for the Ao Nang landfill.

“This morning there was a boat transferring waste from Krabi to Ao Nang,” explained the worker.

“While I was sorting through the rubbish, I noticed a suspicious bag that had been tightly secured at the top. I opened it and was shocked to find the corpse of an infant inside,” he said.

Krabi City Police Inspector Chamroen Suwanchatree was notified of the gruesome discovery at about noon.

“We believe the baby’s mother may be a prostitute in Krabi Town who could not afford to raise the child,” explained Lt Col Chamroen.

Most shocking was the state of the corpse, which was badly mutilated.

“The male infant was cruelly murdered. There were slash wounds on his throat, to the point that he was almost decapitated,” he said.

In addition there were two stab wounds to the chest and a piece of cloth was tightly secured around his neck, indicating strangulation.

“We presume the baby was born less than 24 hours before he was murdered – his umbilical cord was still attached. Also in the bag we found a cup of noodles, a bloodstained cloth, a sanitary pad and a pair of forceps,” said Col Chamroen.

The body is being kept at the Krabi Hospital morgue as police search for the mother.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16402.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-12

As the father of a recently born and now 2.5 month old bundle of joy it is more than painful to read yet another story like this one. Seeing my wife with our child and how much TLC and affection she gives our young daughter I try to feel for the mother and what was in her mind to commit such an act on a defenseless new born infant child.

I guess at this time its only speculation that indeed it was the poor unfortunates mother. Or perhaps the father ?

Nonetheless whoever did it has to live with that for life.

I feel so sorry to have to read this and like everyone else who has posted a response can only hope that one day these sort of acts will be a thing of the past and that people will learn to accept responsibility for whatever their actions bring upon them, good or bad.

Condolensces for the poor infant child.

Very very sad.

• Like 1